MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lentenor to Stand At IN Stallion Station   Barbaro and Family

Started by Greg J. (Wookster8); 284920 views.
LindaVA3

12/21/12

Nicanor always was the rock star brother LOL
HLewis09

12/21/12

Oh, that's very interesting, isn't it?!  I put both their pics side by side--interesting to see each of them in the same pose.  I think part of it is that it looks like Lentenor has a nice start to his winter coat going on and so he isn't as sleek and shiny looking.  He just looks a little "fuzzy" to me!  I'm wondering if perhaps Nicanor's photo was taken while he was down in Florida--the backround looks like that might be the case.  They are both so beautiful, but I do hope they take another one of Lentenor next Spring/Summer when he is shined up and bloomed out like Nicanor looks.  Nicanor's shoulders look more powerful and developed!  Nic honestly looks like he could run a race after that picture....he must be very "busy" and keeps himself in good shape!!  Thanks for sharing!

KYsally (kwsally)

12/21/12

You got that right!!!!

XXOO
Lina_TX

12/21/12

In all seriousness, unfortunately I'm afraid $7,500 is too high...especially in the Kentucky market.

Based strictly on his own record, $7500 seems a bit high to me, too.  I expected it would be $5000.

• Edited 12/21/2012 3:22 pm ET by Lina_TX
Meg'smom (MarianH6)

12/21/12

Nicanor is all shiny and bronzed -- Lentenor has /is becoming very dark.  Curious...
In reply toRe: msg 89
Meg'smom (MarianH6)

12/21/12

Just rewatched all Lentenor's winning races on the Calumet site and it was fun to see how well he ran, when conditions were right, and how beautiful he was/is.  I don't like the photo of Lentenor that they are using -- he looks heavy, dark and kind of depressed.  Nicanor looks fit, sun-kissed, and proud.

• Edited 12/21/2012 9:37 pm ET by MarianH5 (MarianH6)
HLewis09

12/21/12

I have to agree...I don't really like the picture of him.  It's fine, but I don't think it really shows him off like I've seen him look.  Look at their picture of Americain....gorgeous.  I think Lenny looks like he has been turned out not doing too much for the last couple of months---I'm sure they will retake it in the Spring when he's shed out his coat and he'll be all shined up...I hope so anyway.

SmittyCat3

12/22/12

All the cool spirits inhabiting Calumet - Whirlaway, Citation, Ben and Jimmy Jones. What a legacy - hope it inspires some greatness through Lentenor.
MJ42903

12/22/12

Well he was laid up wasn't he?
HLewis09

12/22/12

yes, I think he had been in Kentucky for awhile too....so he probably just lounged around or maybe he was even stall bound for awhile, I don't know.  He'll shine up nicer without a winter coat though, so I'm sure they'll retake it.