MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

California Chrome- Retired and Updates   Retired TBs -Past and Present

Started 7/11/14 by MaryLOhio; 285860 views.
poochluv2

2/19/17

So delighted to see that the Taylors are providing such good care and giving him lots of attention on his birthday.  In viewing the photos, the champ is having a good time in the paddock,romping, jumping and running with spirit and energy!

With the sadness over the passing of Lucky Pulpit from suffering a heart attack during a breeding session, many followers were concerned about Chrome's genes; however, it was researched and determined that Chrome's sire had contracted a virus as a young colt and had breathing issues.  The rest if the lineage did not have heart problems.  

cigarello

2/19/17

I know: that lightening bolt blaze is amazing!

JungleHeart

2/19/17

Joy!  This gorgeous lil guy is the antidote to the sorrow of losing Pulpit.  That blaze!!!!!  And... that burnished copper coat!  Beautiful.

lindawilbe

2/19/17

Wonderful video.

Thanks!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

gunny101

2/23/17

He is his gorgeous self in the video and photos.  His personality always reminds me a bit of another red horse - both he and Secretariat share the "ham" gene - "Show me a camera, and I'm gonna play to it" :-)  He looks great.  There is always a bit of adjustment, but really he looks quite full of himself and content in these shots.  Horses may miss the bustle of the track, but that's balanced against the chance to run and be a horse as much as they like.  As the fox in the "Little Prince" would say: "Rien n'est parfait!"

So sorry to hear of Pulpit's passing.  The horse world lost a solid sire, for sure, and too early. 

Love the little guy's lightning bolt!  May he have swift, strong feet.  Perhaps he'll take after another who carried a lightening bolt. Crazy Horse was alleged to have a lightning bolt scar on his face.  May this little guy be as brave, strong and strategically brilliant as Crazy Horse!  Hope to hear more about this little guy as well as Chrome!!

gerchgo

2/23/17

La Petite Prince reminds me of my French class in school.:) now it's C'est la vie for him, praying for a long, healthy and prosperous second career for him, as well as a long and healthy retirement for him. I'm so glad I'll be able to see him at Taylor Made when I get back to Kentucky!

gerchgo

2/27/17

LOL he is certainly enjoying himself! Isn't he gorgeous? So proud! So Conceited!LOL>LOL>LOL he knows he's one hot looking stud ( and can run to!)!

Derby132

2/27/17

That stud hasn't mellowed, LOL.

gerchgo

2/27/17

It's truly a joy to watch a horse who is so happy!