MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Retired American Pharoah Grand Slam   Retired TBs -Past and Present

Started 6/7/15 by cigarello; 106935 views.
gerchgo

2/4/17

In honor of Pharoah's bday Thursday(Groundhog day sounds about right the way every race was the same for him!),Haskin published his report on his Belmont win:

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2017/02/02/birthday-wishes-revisiting-pharoah-s-belmont.aspx

• Edited February 4, 2017 4:18 pm  by  gerchgo
cigarello

2/4/17

Thanks for posting that link--i love everything Pharoah

lindawilbe

2/19/17

Thanks for the link!

Love American Pharoah!!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

cigarello

Mar-1

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/american-pharoah-to-shuttle-to-australia/

American Pharoah to shuttle to Australia

Frankly I am bummed: I hate when horses shuttle back and forth: It has to be so

stressful. 

lindawilbe

Mar-1

I'm bummed too, but I am not surprised. I remember an article last year saying American Pharoah would not be shuttled - THIS YEAR (2016) which lead me to believe he would in the years to come.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

gerchgo

Mar-1

Oh man, that means I probably won't be able to see him.:(

cigarello

Mar-1

Somebody posted on another site that shuttling shortens a horse's life-is that proven or conjecture?

Derby132

Mar-1

I wish the horse could have the 2nd half of the year off.  It's Coolmore, so no surprise.  I don't like the decision, but of course, they just found the opportunity "irresistible".

Flurry84

Mar-1

Biggest lost lately was Scat Daddy (Ashford/Coolmore), just 11 yrs. of age.  Went to Australia and then Chile as a shuttle stallion.  His kids are highly sought after since there will be no more.

I miss Harlan's Holiday who suffered a prolapsed intestine while in Argentina.  14 yrs.  Quick search turned up Silver Train and Campanologist, both lost to colic.  Have read about the colic issues for shuttle stallions, but don't know how rare prolapsed intestine would be.

These things can happen anywhere, but how often do our US-only based breeding stallions suffer early deaths?  Many discussions are on-line about shuttling.  Steve Byk's radio program has discussed it more than once that I can recall.

I love Claiborne because they do not shuttle.  Ashford is know for shuttling and I was dismayed when Pharoah ended up there.  He deserves a long life, not the risk of blazing away at an early age.

cigarello

Mar-1

I am very upset.  Obviously there is nothing we can do about it but I hate it.