MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Old Friends news   Retired TBs -Past and Present

Started 7/21/15 by gerchgo; 152886 views.
cigarello

2/24/16

I was pretty surprised when I read that they had to geld War Emblem and very relieved he came through surgery in good condition. That would seem to be a very stressful surgery for an older stallion. May he romp in his pasture and experience the joy of being loved at Old Friends for many more years

gerchgo

2/24/16

I'm glad too! I hope to see him next time I get Kentucky!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/24/16

I am so happy reading this I think he will be much happier 

Derby132

2/24/16

Shocked to read that War Emblem was gelded at his age but so very glad he came through the surgery well and is now healed.  And that they got such a well qualified team of vets to do the surgery.   I hope he is a much happier horse now and settles into a quiet and contented life in Kentucky.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/24/16

This is a great article about him, he is tough as nails!!

cigarello

2/24/16

What an informative article regarding WEs unique personality-- he really is smart 

Derby132

2/24/16

Very interesting read!

gerchgo

2/24/16

I'm sure now that he is gelded, and him getting older, will mellow him a bit. But his personality is what makes him who he is, just glad his connections sent him to Old Friends where he will be loved and cared for! Go War Emblem!!!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

3/12/16

Note new folder

gerchgo

4/8/16

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/98930/old-friends-hosts-war-emblem-meet-and-greet

Looking to the future, Blowen spoke of retiring Charismatic to Old Friends, as well as Came Home and I'll Have Another  , younger stallions that he thinks eventually he will have. As well as those three who are all currently in Japan, he also has Sun KingIdeStephen Got Even   and several others on the waiting list to be Old Friends residents. With the option to expand on the existing land that already houses retirees, that should become a reality.