MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Old Friends news   Retired TBs -Past and Present

Started 7/21/15 by gerchgo; 18109 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
SlewReigns

Feb-21

The AmazonSmile Charitable program has contributed  $3177.17 to Old Friends as of February 20th 2017.  The Amazon Charitable

donation program started in October 2013.  I’m not sure when Old Friends signed up for the program.  Maybe back in 2013.

The way the program works is Amazon will donate .5% of every purchase you place on Amazon provided you use the AmazonSmile

Link when ordering.  You first must sign-on to your Amazon account and select a charity of choice, then when ordering use the

Smile link  Smile.amazon.com/  not the standard  Amazon.com/ link.  Once your order is placed it will show the  amazonsmile

On your order screen.  When you sign up for a charity, the instructions will show you how to create a desktop entry for the

AmazonSmile link.  You MUST use this link when ordering products on Amazon to have them credit your charity quarterly.

I spoke with Amazon and they make donations every February, May, August and November to the charities.

To-Date Old Friends has received

Your current charity
Old Friends Inc.
has received

$3,177.17
as of February 2017

To receive donations of $3177 since October 2013 Amazon would have had purchases of around $635,500 in the name of

Old Friends.   $635,500 X .5% = $3177.50 

I had set up my charity 3 years ago, but was NOT using the AmazonSmile link when ordering.  You Must use their link to get

Credit for your charity.  When using the Smile link everything looks the same as before, but it will show the amazonsmile

Symbol throughout the order process.

sandins

Feb-22

Thanks,Jerry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will use,but have slowed my use of Amazon,as result of order mix-up

Sandy

Derby132

Feb-26

Beautiful horse.

Derby132

Feb-26

Quite an accomplished race horse!

cigarello

Feb-26

it is heartwarming and bittersweet all at the same time to know his beautiful  son is  now at Old Friends: 

gerchgo

Mar-20

This is cool!!! Old Friends offering a cottage rental at Georgetown, this sounds awesome!

http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/cottage.html

• Edited March 20, 2017 4:44 pm  by  gerchgo
Derby132

Mar-25

That rental is gorgeous.