MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 86448 views.
Flurry84

Oct-25

Did you happen to see Lngtermrelationshp in the 6th at Keeneland?  Won very nicely.  He is such a beautiful chestnut color too!  I see that sometime recently he has changed ownership and Diodoro now trains him.  He has had some nice wins in his career so far.

Do you have Ran Char in your stable?  A Nicanor who worked at Pimlico on Oct. 20?  I found her not long ago, just by accident.  Was going to let you know then, but just don't like having to look up the password, etc.  Too much trouble.  I suppose if I posted daily it might not be necessary to sign in but I don't want to just share drivel with the Forum.  (I don't have very much of importance to share here.)  I do love those knowledgeable ones who do share with the rest of us!

Unfortunate that the favorite in 7th at Keeneland, an American Pharoah filly, dropped rider and ran off.  Scratched.  Trained by Graham Motion.  Am watching the race between AP and Constitution for winners sired by those two.  Very close!

gerchgo

Oct-25

No I haven’t been able to watch racing yet today. Babysitting grandkids then had to go to the grocery store, so will be watching them soon.

I also haven’t had the time to reply to you the last couple of weeks on the kids results. We’ve had a couple of winners and some in the $ races. I believe lngterm was claimed two races back. Just saw the chart and Lngterm was claimed again, now with Ron Moquett!

• Edited October 25, 2019 6:26 pm  by  gerchgo
Flurry84

Oct-25

Well, thank you for letting me know about Moquette.  Don't know much about him except I believe he trains a gelding who some people wanted to purchase as a stallion prospect awhile back.  Cannot recall the horse's name, but he is still racing, I believe.

Flurry84

Nov-16

Fearless Terp runs in the 8th at Laurel tomorrow.   He has done better than most of the offspring of either.  Hoping for a safe and winning race for him tomorrow.  Also hope all is well with your family!

gerchgo

Nov-16

Yes, I’ll be recording the race! Carol runs at Mountaineer tomorrow, Chief Big Head runs on the 20th st Mahoning Valley, Sybil at Laurel on the 21st.
All is well with my family, although poor #6 got the chicken pox 2 weeks before he was to get his vaccine.:( but he got through it like it was nothing, maintained his happy self!

I hope you and yours are well too!

Flurry84

Nov-17

Am expecting Terp to do best;  he seems to be more talented than most of them.  Hope he continues.  Glad your grandchild got thru chicken pox easily, so did I many yrs. ago.  Everyone I knew who contracted it got thru it just fine.  

gerchgo

Nov-17

Terp is a vet scratch today, hope it’s nothing serious.

Flurry84

Nov-17

Hope he is okay;  his last two races he was last after several firsts this year.  I do think that Carol has been run too frequently, seven times since August.  Add to that a race on July 31.  I know that old school trainers just raced frequently, didn't work theirs all the time, but today's horse doesn't seem up to that for the most part.  Prayers for safety for all.

gerchgo

Nov-24

A couple of the kids did okay this week, the others not so much.

A short clip of Pennmarydel

https://twitter.com/AfterFinishLine/status/1198651100301152256

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Flurry84

Nov-24

Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes!  Here's hoping you and family have a very Blessed Thanksgiving.  I forgot to watch Carol at Mountaineer this evening, so was pleased when the results came up that she was a 2nd.  Other than that, I guess a couple of thirds are the best lately.  Hopefully all returned in good shape, they seemed to.

Thank you for sending the Pennmarydel clip.  I have forgotten to check on him for quite awhile!

I was thrilled that John Shirreffs won the graded stakes yesterday at Del Mar, along with another race.  He is one of the best.  Made my racing weekend.

Take care.