MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 99721 views.
gerchgo

Jan-16

Well, some of the kids have finished in the $, others at the back of the pack, most seem to be paying the bills though.

Ran Char has had several works lately,2nd gate work today so should be racing soon.

Flurry84

Jan-16

Glad to know that the latest was a gate work;  thank you for that info.  You know, after reading the entire Bramlage report on Mongolian Groom, I am really apprehensive about the kids who are racing so very frequently  (like every other week in some cases).  I don't like it and never did.  The micro-fractures,etc. are said to heal with time, but how much time?  There are no easy answers.  I know that in the older days, horses ran frequently and they seemed to be made of iron.  Not anymore.

gerchgo

Jan-16

I don’t think those micro fractures heal if the horse continues to train on it without rest? I’ve had stress fractures before(foot) and it did not heal until it became too painful and was in a boot for 6 weeks. I was bowling, playing tennis and volleyball during that time.

gerchgo

Jan-16

Malibu Splash just won Charles Town by a nose, haven’t watched the race yet but by chart she closed from off the pace to catch the leader.:)

Just checked on Equibase and she raced a week ago where she finished 5th.:(

• Edited January 16, 2020 9:15 pm  by  gerchgo
Flurry84

Jan-16

Didn't have Malibu Splash in my virtual stable.  She is now.  And a first!  Great news.  but racing just a week ago....

Thank you for letting me know about her.

gerchgo

Jan-30

Seany P won at Laurel today, he had the X-Man Perez aboard!:)

Flurry84

Jan-30

Hi.  Was looking forward to seeing the race, but it was not on TVG.  (I don't get TVG2).  Delighted with his victory!    Some good performances from the kids lately.

Take care.

Flurry84

Jan-31

Wow, Lngtermrelationshp  just ran either 3 or 4 in an allowance at Oaklawn.  He looked so good doing it;  now waiting to hear if it was a dead heat for 3rd or what.  Hope he was 3rd!

gerchgo

Jan-31

Got my notice it was 3rd. Wasn’t home, so will be watching the replay here soon.

Flurry84

Jan-31

It was a good race for him.