MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 108238 views.
gerchgo

Jun-13

Well, some of the kids have been in the money. Longterm had a 2nd at Churchill and Chief won at Thistledown but is scheduled already on the 17th again.:(  Manna did good with a 2nd too. Cacahuete runs again at Indiana on the 18th and Nicki is running at Belmont on the 18th-yikes!

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Flurry84

Jun-14

So glad you touched base.  Starting with Chief, he did such a good job in this race, always in contention.  Then on the 12th at Charlestown Mama Dune was first in a $5,000 claimer.  I had not seen her before and here she is in a claiming race already.  She led most of the way, did not change leads.  A beautiful gray filly.

Also at Charlestown that evening, Manna From Hannah (who had just run six days before)  was moved from 3rd to 2nd via DQ in another $5,000 claiming race.  In yet another race at the same track, Lana finished 5th.  Three Nicanor's in the same evening.

Catonsville didn't do as well last night at Charlestown, finishing 9th.

Glad some of them are doing well at the track;  makes it more exciting!   All is good here and I do hope you and your family are well.

Thank you for posting such interesting and informative info for us to enjoy.

gerchgo

Jun-14

I didn’t have Mama Dune in my VS, but I do now, thanks! Many times they put them in claimers if they’re not sure how good they are . If she continues to win they’ll move her to starters and allowances.

I think Catonsville was off during the COVID break for tracks, so I expect her to do better next time out.

My family are all well here, thanks.

I try to post things that I think others would also like to see/read.

Have a good day!

gerchgo

Jun-24

Seany P ran a good race today!!! He went wide on the turn then put the pedal to the metal- good win!!

Flurry84

Jun-24

Knew immediately what your message would be since i was able to see Seany P's race.  Didn't know for sure that TVG was showing DE today, but they did!  He looked so good as he headed for the wire.  We need these wins by the kids;  they are sweet as was Tiz the Law's romp in the  "Belmont."  I love his breeding and then hearing Sid Fernando's comments about the breeding on Byk today was even better.  He should cross well with numerous other lines.  What I love is the Tiznow dam side since that is Relaunch, In Reality, all the way to Man O' War.  I follow descendants of Put It  Back, Tourist, Officer, Boys at Tosconova and others.  Boys, Tizway and Tiz Wonderful have been sold to other countries, sadly.  

Better not wander off the Seany P subject at hand too much, though.  I absolutely follow progeny of Dynaformer's Point of Entry, Temple City, Americain, Mr. Big and the ill-fated Brilliant Speed.  Still cannot believe he is gone, what a loss.  I always cheer on Mrs. Weber  (his breeder) in any race she runs in.

Take care.

gerchgo

Jun-29

Yay! April’s No Fool at Indiana Grand today. Also, Princess Lenny (by Lentenor) ran against her, but not sure where she finished. I did not have PL in my VS stable. Duck Ducky Goose was 4th today.

Flurry84

Jun-29

I wrote the same to you, but in the Lentenor thread.  April's No Fool is not only chestnut, but she has a lovely blaze.  Very flashy.

gerchgo

Jun-29

Yes and runs with a lowered head like AP Indy, Honor Code and Honor AP.

i just posted here since It was first on this thread list.

Princess Lenny finished 7th

• Edited June 29, 2020 8:33 pm  by  gerchgo
Flurry84

Jun-29

Have only seen a few race horses lower that head and neck as Indy and his generations do.  Wonder how many do that.  It conveys a will to win that little else does!

Flurry84

Jul-12

Nicki de Nephew just ran a game race at Monmouth.  He was in second for awhile, then moved up to first and battled it out to the wire, ending up in 3rd.  Some other horse nipped both contenders at the wire.

Hope all is well with you and family.