MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 111762 views.
Flurry84

Jul-12

Nicki de Nephew just ran a game race at Monmouth.  He was in second for awhile, then moved up to first and battled it out to the wire, ending up in 3rd.  Some other horse nipped both contenders at the wire.

Hope all is well with you and family.

gerchgo

Jul-12

I had to work this afternoon so missed the race live. I did just watch his race now and he did run a good race! He rated, and came back when asked. I’m glad he’s paying his room and board!

Flurry84

Jul-12

It is always good to see the kids do well at any level.  

cigarello

Jul-12

I follow this thread a little bit and I am so impressed with you guys following  Barbaro siblings and their babies all of these years!!   it is awesome!!!!

Flurry84

Jul-12

Thank you for commenting!  I do hope people care about the progeny of Nicanor and Lentenor.  The welfare and careers of all of them are of interest to us.  Forgot to mention earlier that Lentenor's Uphold is running at Ind. Grand tomorrow in race #7  (an allowance for Ind.-breds).

On Tuesday Nic's Kandy Charge runs at Thistledown (race 1) and Lentenor's Miss Emma's Song runs at Belterra (race 8).  On Wed. Lentenor's filly Princess Lenny runs at Ind. Grand in race #8, a Maiden Special Wt.

btw, if you ever run across progeny that are newcomers, please let us know!

Hope you are doing well!

Flurry84

Jul-24

Here are some upcoming Nicanor's kids races:

July 25      Laurel:  #2   Nic Nic Boom

July 26      Monmouth:  #12   Nicki de Nephew

July 28      Mountaineer:  #2   Carol

Hope I didn't miss anyone.  Enjoy the races and go Maximum Security!

cigarello

Jul-24

Thanks for the head's up on Nic's kids

Will be rooting for Maximum Security

and looking forward to a great day of racing including Enable in Europe!!!!

ward 

Flurry84

Jul-24

Yes, Enable's up against all those O'Brien entries and I do hope they don't tag team her or something.  Safe travels for all racing tomorrow.

Flurry84

Jul-25

Nic Nic Boom moved from 7th to 5th to 3rd at finish and did it nicely, I thought.  I did not realize how little he is, at least in comparison to the other runners today.  His jockey whipped him way too much for me.  Hate that.

Enable did it!  Down to just three runners today, but she looked wonderful winning.  Hope she can triumph in the Arc again;  that would be awesome!  We need good news like this.

Take care.

gerchgo

Jul-25

“Boom” did good, I don’t like the whip, but I think the jock knew there was more in the tank and trying to get him to use it?