MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicanor says Hello from Shamrock Farm!   Barbaro and Family

Started 1/11/16 by LindaVA3; 158683 views.
Flurry84

11/21/20

So happy that North Dakota just won the Red Smith.  Have been following this horse for awhile since he is out of Starry Dreamer, dam of War Front.  Want him to do well since the blood flowing through his veins is royal!

Also celebrated the earlier win of Journeyto the moon by Tourist.  This was a MSW at Laurel and am hoping Tourist does well with his get.  Tiznow needs sons to carry on for him and with so many being sold to foreign interests I am always looking for new runners.  So many of Gemologist's runners are dismal, altho a few have done well enough.  Aquamarine comes to mind.

Flurry84

12/3/20

Hi,  A couple of seconds last night for Nicanor.  Mountaineer claiming race 2nd for Kandy Charge who got up from last to second and then Malibu Splash is 2nd by a neck at Charlestown.  She was flailed on by jockey Hiraldo from the turn on,  looked really bad.  She is owned and trained by breeders the Grams, so I assume they care a lot about her!  Hope they don't use that jockey any longer.  This was an allowance race.

Nic has Nic Nic Boom racing at Laurel on Dec. 5 and Lentenor has Stosh at Hawthorne on 5th.  Safe travels to all.

cigarello

12/3/20

Hi: I was just coming here to post that  Malibu Splash finished 2nd at CT!!!!

Take care

Thanks for the info- will try to watch the boys on 12/5

gerchgo

12/3/20

Kids did good last night, that jockey was a bit over the top in his use.:(. I don’t think they’ve entered new whip rules over there yet?

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving? Mine was nice and all is good here.

Flurry84

12/3/20

Yes, whip rules have not caught up with certain tracks yet.

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving;  mine was quieter than usual, of course!

With racing it is either feast or famine.  Could barely keep up with all the races I wanted to check thru Sunday.  Not used to Gulfstream running on time yet....

gerchgo

12/21/20

We had a couple good races the past week, Just Go With It’s 2nd place finish, Miss Old Bay’s 1st place, and Kandy Charge’s 3rd place! They’re paying their own bills!

Wishing you a safe and Merry Christmas!

Flurry84

12/21/20

Glad you mentioned these races just so they are archived on here.  Thought Just Go With It did a good job leading til he got passed and then Miss Old Bay was so game in winning at Laurel.  I forgot to mention any of these horses here because I had so many to keep up with this weekend and let the info pile up over two days instead of making notations daily.

Examples:  KY Pharoah at Gulfstream winning MSW on the turf for Calumet and Royal Act first at Los Al for Eurton

Runhappy's Nicky the Vest winning NY MSW for late Robt. LaPenta at AQ.  He broke way behind and rushed up;  that usually doesn't seem to work out, but he led to wire!

Two firsts and a second for Include over weekend  (that includes a Darley owned Tapit out of Include daughter Panty Raid)!  I could go on with other sires I follow, but must stop now.

Prayers that you and your family will have a blessed Christmas as will others on this Forum!

cigarello

12/22/20

Hi Flurry: 

I want to wish you and yours a very merry Xmas and Happy New Year- I admire how closely you follow Nics and Lenny's kids: I try to follow them and I sometimes catch their races, but not as often as I would like. 

As Gerchgo said, it is great they are paying their bills!!!!!

I also try to follow Pharoah's babies-- I was going to watch the race with Royal Act, but then I forgot about it. I love when his babies win ---- Pharoah is such a special horse-- with such a sweet disposition.

Merneith is running in the LaBrea stakes at Santa Anita on Dec 26 (race #8)

Stay safe and be well

Marilyn

Flurry84

12/22/20

Marilyn,  Thank you for the Christmas wishes and I hope you and your family have a Joyous and Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!  We're just trying to stay warm where I live  (in the mtns. of NC)  because it has been really cold for Dec. so far.

Thanks for the heads up on Merneith on Dec. 26.  Haven't looked that far ahead yet!  Need to get busy on that.

Take care,  Blessings,

Susan

Flurry84

12/22/20

Forgot to mention:  at Parx today a 2 yr. old Runhappy ran in a $25,000 claimer in the mud and won.  Came from near the back and was flying to win.  Hope he moves up the ranks out of claiming races.