MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

EHV Case's USA and UK   Horse Racing

Started 1/21/16 by Amy (1pony); 60768 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/26/16

They better get a handle on this soon or it will be a disaster.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/26/16

Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/28/16

Crap it's now at Turf Paradise as well! 

gerchgo

1/28/16

They need to take these precautions, otherwise it will turn into the Hawthorne and other debacles! My condolences to the connections of the filly/mare. 

gerchgo

1/28/16

At least if they get it contained now, there will still be time for stake race horses ( including 3yr olds) to run late spring.

See all DRF Live posts
Thumb_mary
Mary Rampellini
Oaklawn Park , 2016-01-28 - DRF Live
Posted : 55 mins ago
Oaklawn bans horses from Arizona, New Mexico
Oaklawn Park announced Thursday it has banned horses from Arizona and New Mexico due to equine herpesvirus positives in those jurisdictions. The ban includes horses who have been in those states since Jan. 1. The horses are banned from the grounds until further notice, according to Oaklawn director of racing David Longinotti.

In addition, human connections from those states, including jockeys, trainers and grooms, will not be allowed on the grounds until meeting with stewards, according to a release issued by Oaklawn.

"We are being overly cautious because our main concern is for the safety of the horses currently stabled on our grounds," Longinotti said.

• Edited January 28, 2016 1:42 pm  by  gerchgo
Amy (1pony)
Staff

1/28/16

Good for Oaklawn but I hope this gets lifted soon

I think Sunland is set up now to be a larger outbreak than Hawthorne.  It is early and in more barns.  Possibly they are learning how to handle the outbreaks better after there have been so many others since.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/2/16

I changed the title of the thread since this article appeared today. National Stud is not a good place to have 1 case. This really scares me, I feel that these diseases are modifying themselves because of all the vaccinations we do, therefore making it worse. 

In reply toRe: msg 18
Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/2/16