MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

EHV Case's USA and UK   Horse Racing

Started 1/21/16 by Amy (1pony); 61107 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/4/16

Sunland is not doing a good job IMHO, 48 horses infected in 19 barns? They should have setup a quarantine barn as soon as the first horses were diagnosed. 

This is going to end up worse than Hawthorne IMHO

gerchgo

2/4/16

I hope Turf Paradise is doing a better job! I hope they can stop the spread of this crappy disease!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/4/16

I agree, hopefully Turf Paradise is doing a better job. Sunland does not have this under control IMHO, hope the training center is also doing better. 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/5/16

There is no excuse for having 20 barns affected, they have not treated this properly from the start. I hope the numbers start to go down soon.

gerchgo

2/7/16

Mary Rampellini
Sunland Park , 2016-02-06 - DRF Live
Posted : Feb 6, 2016, 6:46 PM
Sunland: Latest numbers on EHV-1
There are a current total of 51 horses who have tested positive for equine herpesvirus at Sunland Park, according to figures released late Saturday by the New Mexico Livestock Board. There have been three barns that have been released from individual quarantines, while the stable area remains on lockdown in New Mexico.
In reply toRe: msg 33
Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/9/16

IMHO the issue is the barn help is not taking the necessary precautions to stop the spread! This is getting worse and more barns affected. 

gerchgo

2/9/16

Continuing to race doesn't help either, especially with all the claimers.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

2/9/16

Sunland suspended racing on 1/22 they are not scheduled to resume racing till 2/14. That's what makes this so difficult to understand it should be cooling off not spreading.