MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Borell Abuse Case   Horse Racing

Started 7/21/16 by Amy (1pony); 4243 views.
HopeMom1

Mar-8

Beautifully bred horse. Someone will be very very lucky to get this mare....

Derby132

Mar-8

Annora is with people who are going to let her tell them what she wants to do.  Great story.

sandins

Mar-17

Thanks you for this happy story after rescue! Now a Lucky horse!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

May-29

cigarello

May-29

Thanks for posting this update.  I would like to see Maria Borell pay for this horror some day.  It is a miracle that these horses were able to be rehomed and brought back to health.  Glad to know that this case resulted in a change in the law so this type of situation, if it occurs again, can be dealt with in a much speedier manner. thank goodness for the good people who care so much about horses and  ensured a mostly happy ending in this case.

gerchgo

May-29

Nice to see the updates! Hopefully the law will keep things like this from happening again. Kudos to the volunteers and adopters!

Derby132

May-29

Nice to see these updates on the horses and I applaud all who stepped in for them.

I kind of like that name of the new law, 'Borell Law'.   Forever labeled and called out for what they did, as they should be.

Lina_TX

May-29

Derby132 said...

I kind of like that name of the new law, 'Borell Law'.   Forever labeled and called out for what they did, as they should be.

Oh yes, love that name!

Audreyd11

May-30

Was indeed a shocking story...Takes a village though and so glad all those wonderful people stepped up to make this rescue happen