MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Road to Kentucky Derby 2017   Horse Racing

Started 9/15/16 by Amy (1pony); 35225 views.
gerchgo

4/8/17

Vinnie Viola, owner of Wood runner-up Battalion Runner on Ky Derby: "If I had to guess right now we'd probably hold off."
In reply toRe: msg 459
gerchgo

4/8/17

Congrats to Gormley!

cigarello

4/8/17

This looks like a wide open Derby this year

In reply toRe: msg 461
Jo (LoveYouB)

4/8/17

Congratulations to Gormley!  And congrats to Royal Mo coming in 3rd!

Derby132

4/8/17

It is wide open.  I love that Irish War Cry redeemed himself today.  And I had been wanting to see Battle of Midway run well in the SA Derby and he did.

Biggest headshaker today was Tapwrit.  Disappointed McCraken got 2nd but he did okay.  The Bluegrass was slow.  I thought it would be the race of the day but it sure wasn't.

LCsquall

4/8/17

Sure does--many horse on pretty equal par this year...

gerchgo

4/8/17

McCraken got 3rd :(  but I think he'll be okay in the Derby, he did miss that earlier prep race. Very happy with Irish War Cry!

Derby132

4/8/17

Right - 3rd.  I think this is a good progression also for McCraken and he'll be fine for the Derby.

Saw your post on Battalion Runner.  I look forward to whatever he does this year.  He and Three Rules may not be right for the Derby Distance but they are going to be good horses to follow.

So happy about IWC.  It looks like Always Dreaming could go off as the Derby favorite.

I'm still liking Sano's horse ; )

gerchgo

4/8/17

It's really a crap shoot this year, guess going with pedigree could work with upcoming workouts?

gerchgo

4/8/17

Thrilled to announce that G1 Santa Anita Derby winner Gormley (MALIBU MOON) will stand at Spendthrift Farm upon retirement!