MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

DC Bald Eagles are Back!   General: Non-horse

Started 10/19/16 by Lina_TX; 9371 views.
sandins

Apr-20

Just checked Wellesley cam and off for grieving as partner Henry died crashing into window,,,,,,,no mention of when or if it will return.

this is sad,,,,,

Lina_TX

Apr-21

Yes, very sad.  I had hoped you wouldn't see that...  I expect this will be the end of Wellesley's raven cam.

Lina_TX

Apr-21

Did you see the note on the DC Eagle website that DC4 had to get rescued after getting his/her foot stuck in a y-shaped stick?  DC4 seems to be OK, pending an assessment by an eagle expert, and will hopefully be reunited with his family.

sandins

Apr-21

oh m'gosh,,,sad news all around!!! Wonder if that news re Wellsley means no eggs? Or no fertile eggs,,,,,,

when did DC4 get rescued?         looked at event log and cannot tell anything

• Edited April 21, 2017 9:40 am  by  sandins
Lina_TX

Apr-21

There are two entries on the Event Log, slightly after 7 pm yesterday.  The problem was noticed mid afternoon, and the eaglet was rescued from its predicament in late afternoon/early evening.  They don't list a time for the rescue.

Re Wellesley, there were six eggs, but when they turned off the camera that supposedly was down to four eggs.  The author of the Wellesley response (some professor, I forgot his name) did say if all four hatched Rachel would be facing a near unsurmountable challenge trying to raise them by herself.

cigarello

Apr-21

these sad events are why I do not follow animal web cams- you just never know what is going to happen

sandins

Apr-21

Sad,but true for Wellesley,,,,,,,,,,,,,wonder if she will find another partner for next year?

Lina_TX

Apr-21

Wellesley thinks that she will.  Personally, I think it would be great if she finds one now to help with feeding the family.

sandins

Apr-21

Can only hope! Nature does the unexpected,,,,,,,,

In reply toRe: msg 184
Lina_TX

Apr-22

Lina_TX said...

There are two entries on the Event Log, slightly after 7 pm yesterday.  The problem was noticed mid afternoon, and the eaglet was rescued from its predicament in late afternoon/early evening.  They don't list a time for the rescue.

Glad to hear that that went per plan and that DC4 could be returned to his family.