MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

name of horse rescue   Horse Rescue Issues

Started Feb-10 by DJoAnn; 390 views.
DJoAnn

Feb-10

Hi all,

Do any of the FOB's from way back remember the name of a horse rescue that used to post a beautiful daily blog on their site?  I don't think they posted directly on ABR or even TWR back then, but I seem to remember someone regularly re-posting their blog on our site.  It seems to me it was run by man and his helpers, a small operation that may have had a fair number of horses and I think it was in California or somewhere in the west.  I remember the trucks would stop by regularly and he would save as many as he could accommodate at that time.  I cannot remember if it was all breed or just thoroughbred, although I think it was all breed.  I do remember that whatever he posted would not be saved due to the nature of his site.  He seemed a very kind gentleman and there would be posts semi regularly, saying he needed help.  Does any of this sound at all familiar to anyone?  If so, does anyone remember the name of his organization?

thanks,

jodie

In reply toRe: msg 1
gerchgo

Feb-10

Joe at TB Friends in CA?

DJoAnn

Feb-10

OMG, I think that was it!  I knew someone here would know!  Thank you!  

jodie

sandins

Feb-12

Yes,,,,,,,,,,,what happened to him? So many have left our site,,,,,,,,

gerchgo

Feb-12

He wasn't on here, one of the FOB's would post his blog. He did say that he always got more supporters through FB and then Twitter.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/44347625040/?view=group

https://mobile.twitter.com/tbfriends?lang=en

https://m.facebook.com/PacTheCooler/posts/260260857374182

sandins

Feb-12

yes,,,,,,,,,thanks

In reply toRe: msg 1
HopeMom1

Feb-13

It was Joe Shelton at TB Friends. He continues to have a large number of horses adopted each year. My husband were in California last spring and went out to meet him. He was working 2 jobs to support himself and the horses. He is the most incredibly kind and lovely man (and his wife is also a really great person). We went to the rescue and his horses were extremely well cared for. They all looked to be in good condition, well fed, glossy. One horse was not - his latest "project horse"...

Interesting thing is that he himself does not ride - he simply gets to know the horses on a very individual basis. His wife rides a bit though. He made me think about things somewhat differently and it came in extremely handy when I went to see a horse at a horse rescue that I had been following. Before Joe- I might have pushed too hard with the guy. But after listening to Joe I took it slower and easier - and was rewarded a hundred fold. 

Miss his blogs - they were wonderful and well written (he is an ex teacher and it showed). So many horse blogs are boring or same old stuff. His were little jewels....

sandins

Feb-27

NO time to write now??

HopeMom1

Mar-1

Not with 2 jobs AND taking care of the horses. The day we were there - he used his "lunch break" to go to his farm and feed the horses.

Great, great guy...

sandins

Mar-1

yes,,,,,,,,wasn't criticizing, but aware that he was too busy caring for all jobs ans horses! Devoted guy,,,