MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SMARTY JONES-FEBRUARY 28   General: Horse-related

Started Feb-27 by lindawilbe; 264 views.
lindawilbe

Feb-27

Tomorrow is Smarty Jones' 16th Birthday..how time flies! I believe there is a link in Bloodhorse because his former jockey Stewart Elliott won the George Wolf Award this year.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

cigarello

Feb-27

Thanks for posting this: I love Smarty Jones: his name is awesome and he was awesome.  Cannot believe he is 16-- time is flying by--- Hope he gets lots of treats for his birthday!

Flurry84

Feb-27

Happy Birthday Smarty Jones!  Seems like yesterday that he set the racing world ablaze.  Such lovely owners and other connections, too.  Loved the repeat of Steve Haskin's story in Bloodhorse.  Worth re-reading, all.

Derby132

Feb-28

16!!  Does not seem possible!  What a great horse and a great horse for the sport.  He brought so many fans to it.

cigarello

Feb-28

I just read Haskin's story about Smarty--took me back in time--as usual Haskin captures the essence of the horse 

lindawilbe

Mar-1

Smarty was directly responsible for the upgrade to PARX Racing as well!

We now get the top horses for the Pennsylvania Derby and Cotillion thanks to him!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

lindawilbe

Mar-1

I love the way Steve Haskins writes all his articles..Loved this one for sure!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

lindawilbe

Mar-1

I agree...wonderful article!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

Jo (LoveYouB)

Mar-3

Happy belated birthday to Smarty!  Loved reading Haskin's article again.  It brought back memories of those exciting days with Smarty!