Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Kentucky Derby Charity League 2017   Horse Racing

Started Feb-28 by Derby132; 80 views.
Derby132

Feb-28

This is a lot of fun.  Pledged donations go to horse charities at the end of the contest.

If you finish in the top 3, you’ll be able to choose the organization(s) to which your prize money is donated. All recipient organizations must be registered 501(C)3 charities and must support the well-being of the humans and animals in Thoroughbred racing or on the backstretch.

Link:  https://brooklynbackstretch.com/2017/02/28/were-off-kentucky-derby-charity-league-2017-launches-today/

We’re off! Kentucky Derby Charity League 2017 Launches Today

"Over the eight years we’ve done this, we’ve raised nearly $10,000 for racing charities; past recipients include Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, Days’ End Horse RescueOur MimsOld Friends at Cabin Creek, and ReRun.

Back when we started, I pledged $75 to the charity of the winner’s choice. Quickly, pledges and donations from participants, unsolicited, followed, in impressive, generous amounts. As always, a donation is not required to play, but are welcome, in any amount.

Every dollar donated goes straight to the charities"

You must select and post your stable by this Saturday, March 4, by 12:00 PM CST.   Instructions and lots more detail at the link above.

Derby132

Feb-28

Posted!  I'll be checking your spreadsheet....

Derby132

Feb-28

Posted.  Good luck!

LindaVA3

Feb-28

Let me know if I missed something :)

Lina_TX

Feb-28

Thanks, Cindy!  And, likewise, good luck!