MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Flowers for Barbaro Kentucky 2017   Barbaro and Family

Started 4/6/17 by jamielsg; 8235 views.
In reply toRe: msg 35
NWFLAFOB

4/18/17

I'm bumping this.  Because of the problems I'm having navigating within the different discussions, I don't have a clue where this one is located in the thread!  Can't see diddly squat anymore.

But, BUMPING FOR BARBARO'S FLORAL TRIBUTE!!!

In reply toRe: msg 35
jamielsg

4/18/17

April 16th.............***There is still time to donate for flowers for Barbaro, Eight Belles and the Derby Champions buried at Churchill Downs.........the deadline to donate via paypal is April 28th..........if you plan on mailing your donation, please let me know so that I can add your name to Barbaro's birthday card! Thanks!****

HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO IS FOLLOWING Jamie Gillispie's POST: Our annual Barbaro cleaning will be on the Big Man's birthday - April 29th at 10 am. Alexa King will be there. Bring your sweat, some old hosiery and some soft cloths (i.e. diapers, or something like that). Wear something comfortable. Churchill will be open that evening for racing so folks will be coming and going all day. Hope to see everyone there!!!!!!

Jamie Gillispie
April 12 at 9:46pm · 
Fans of Barbaro, please let me know if you plan to be involved with our Annual Remembrance of Our 2006 Kentucky Derby Champion! I will be making a love letter that will include the donor's name, city and state plus a poem or 2 written by FOB's............thanks and please share!
Fans of Barbaro!! Clare Noble, Brother Bill and I will be placing flowers at Barbaro's statue on his birthday this year ~ April 29th, 2017. If anyone would like to donate to the flowers, please let me know. I will make a nice size card and write down the name and city and state of everyone who donates. If we have any money left over, we will donate to Our Mims. One Horse at a Time and The Laminitis Fund..............We will do our usual single white & red rose for the Derby Champions buried at Churchill Downs and also a bouquet for Eight Belles. Payment info is below. Thanks and I hope you will join us in honoring Our Beloved Champion and 2006 Kentucky Derby Winner BARBARO!!
Jamie Gillispie
315 Old Hickory Tree Rd
Bristol, Tn
paypal ~ lilroy@btes.tv if you select the family and friends option, no fees will apply..............
Feel free to share on your FB page!

accoladesmum

4/20/17

Hi Jamie, I just sent my donation via PayPal. Thanks so much for doing this for Our Boy, always in our hearts!  two_hearts

jamielsg

4/20/17

Thank you very much Robin!  Your donation came through.  I'm so glad the Our love for Barbaro is Eternal.  

Love, Jamie

poochluv2

4/21/17

I am sending a check today for honoring Barbaro's Birthday on April 29th.  Please include me on the card.

Thanks so much for representing so many of the FOBs in ordering the flowers.

Lorraine

kitkat (kbinMT)

4/21/17

Hi Jamie,

I am sending a check for my contribution to Barbaro's flowers. 10 years since we lost our beloved boy. How time flies. Thank-you for your dedication to the BBH.

Kathie in Montana.

jamielsg

4/21/17

Kathie, it's hard to believe that 10 years has passed since we lost Our Champ.  Miss him everyday.  Thanks for your donation to honor His great Legacy Kathie!

jamie

jamielsg

4/21/17

Thank you so much Lorraine!  It always does my heart good to know that so many still love Barbaro.  Thank you for honoring his Legacy. 

Jamie   

jami

In reply toRe: msg 44
NWFLAFOB

4/24/17

There's still time to be part of the FOB's floral tribute at Barbaro's Memorial.  28 April is the deadline - that's this Friday.  Countdown has begun!  See Jamie's post at beginning of this thread for details.  You can provide info for inclusion on the card she is preparing.  Extra money will be donated to Our Mims, OHAAT, and Laminitis Fund.

green_heartblue_heartracehorse

Jo (LoveYouB)

4/24/17

Hope you are doing ok, Jamie.  I know how painful it is.  May springtime in Kentucky and honoring Barbaro be a heart-balm for you.