MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

MAY $5 WINNER IS....   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started May-1 by NWFLAFOB; 495 views.
NWFLAFOB

May-1

Happy first day of May.   For those unable to track events at Barbaro's Memorial on this year's observance of his earthly birthday, the FOBs were once again represented with honor.  The floral tribute was beautiful.  Those who were there to clean and polish his statue were blessed with a visit with none other than Michael Matz who stopped by to pay his respects to his Champion.  Continuing confirmation of what a truly special being Barbaro is and how blessed we are to be part of this great Spirit's Legacy.

Now, for this month's winner.   Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue, C/O Eileen Gibson, 60 Molleystown Road

Pine Grove, PA 17963           For those who prefer donating to this 501c3 via Paypal, it's available at their website; 
www. esrescue.org        (While you're there, take a look at one of their fundraising campaigns.  If you like coffee, you'll love it - Black Dog Coffee Traders has partnered with Above and Beyond,  Money from every bag of coffee is donated to canine cancer research and there are blends sponsored by Above and Beyond from which they receive donations.  I ordered 3 bags while researching this group - ordered on a Tuesday, received that Friday!)
Please mark donations FOB donation and they know we don't expect individual thanks.  Also, let me know you've seen this.  Below are comments I received when I made contact with the group - Barbaro's Legacy is alive and well!
"This is just wonderful! Thank you to you and your friends. I remember Barbaro well, and I watched his progress and what was hoped to be recovery along with my family. Thank you Linda for all you and your group does in Barbaro's name.  He would be proud of your work and I hope his owners are aware of what you do. "
JungleHeart

May-1

Indeed, Barbaro forever and gratitude to those who contribute to his legacy.  I still grieve for such a terrible loss.  He fought the good fight.  Always a Champion.  

Will get $ off today to the setter rescue.  No coffeethough-- coffee wigs me out

NWFLAFOB

May-1

Thanks, Chrys.  

Luckily, coffee doesn't adversely impact me.   It's about the only zero calorie thing I'm obsessed with!  No sugar, no cream - black for me.  They also have cocoa I'll likely try.  I love when groups partner with merchandise like this that benefits both.

DJoAnn

May-1

• $5 pp'ed to Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue.  As an aside, I've been "liking" the facebook pages of the selected rescues as we go.  As always, thank you for making this happen!
  • jodie
Brigitte09

May-1

Happy May Day to you as well! tulip  Seen and sent via PayPal. thank you!

In reply toRe: msg 4
NWFLAFOB

May-1

Jodie, thank you.   I should have been liking the pages, too.  Once in awhile I've contacted different groups for networking help with a dog either of the breed they specialize in or that is located in their region.   I sent a cute picture of greyhounds to the points of contact for the greyhound rescue we donated to.  It's nice to stay in touch with all these folks!

JoanRoya

May-1

Thank you so much...another great rescue...but everyone of them are great.

I will mail my check this week.....love Joan

PattyTx1

May-2

Happy May Linda!

I have seen the May rescue and will donate by PayPal to them.  What a lovely note from them. 

I saw Jamie's pictures at Barbaro's statue.  The flowers were beautiful as always-and the visit from Michael Matz was priceless.  Everyone involved with Barbaro was just pure class.

Thanks!

MichiganFOB1

May-2

Got it. Wonderful words from the recipient.