MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

INJURED   Horse Racing

Started 3/3/18 by Derby132; 78760 views.
Derby132

3/3/18

Starting this thread hoping it makes it easier to dig back and find information on horses injured.

Unfortunately I have to start with the very talented filly, Cicatrix : (

The Bloodhorse -

The Davona Dale lost one of its main contenders this week in unbeaten Cicatrix. The Ian Wilkes-trained filly was slated to make her graded stakes debut Saturday following her victory in the Glitter Woman Stakes at Gulfstream Jan. 6, but suffered an undisclosed injury.

"She hurt herself. She won't run," Wilkes said Feb. 27, adding they were still evaluating the seriousness of the injury.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/226296/take-charge-paula-aims-to-stretch-out-in-davona-dale

Lina_TX

3/6/18

Also, the winner of the Davona Dale will be out with a suspensory injury after all.  Fly So High was pulled up after the finish line and vanned off, but initially seemed OK.  A closer exam the following day revealed an upper suspensory injury.  It is currently hoped that she will be able to return to training.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/suspensory-injury-sidelines-davona-dale-winner-fly-high/

cigarello

3/6/18

obviously the bad part is her injury:  the good part is that Shug is such a good horseman: he got that test just to be cautious and they found the injury- now she will get some rest and hopefully come back later this year. Too bad though that she will miss the Oaks.

Derby132

3/6/18

Ah, had not seen this update.  Thanks for posting.  So very thankful she was pulled up.

gerchgo

3/6/18

I thought it would be a soft tissue injury, and kudo’s to Jose for pulling her up when he felt her off! Regular jocks and exercise riders know their mounts!

eta to change name

• Edited March 6, 2018 6:56 pm  by  gerchgo
gerchgo

3/6/18

Thanks for posting, don’t know why I didn’t get the alert. I’m glad Shug ordered the ultrasound, those jocks know their mounts! Bloodhorse has some on it as well;

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/226370/suspensory-injury-sidelines-fly-so-high

Amy (1pony)

3/6/18

THis sucks, suspensory's can be tricky

Lina_TX

3/7/18

Since they only found it via the ultrasound the following day I am hoping that the injury isn't as severe as it could have been. 

Lina_TX

3/7/18

cigarello said...

the good part is that Shug is such a good horseman: he got that test just to be cautious and they found the injury

Exactly.

Amy (1pony)

3/7/18

Yes catching it early is a good thing, but they can be so tricky to heal and you may think its all good and start back to work and issues pop up again. I hope she heals fully.