MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

INJURED   Horse Racing

Started 3/3/18 by Derby132; 114583 views.
cigarello

3/7/18

no question that those quick thinking and caring jockies are responsible for saving the lives of horses and keeping an injury from getting worse

Lina_TX

3/7/18

Amy (1pony) said...

Yes catching it early is a good thing, but they can be so tricky to heal and you may think its all good and start back to work and issues pop up again. I hope she heals fully.

Oh, I see.  Yes, hope she heals fully.  Now that the time pressure of making the Oaks is gone, time should be less of an issue.

Msg 64406.14 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 13
Lina_TX

3/25/18

The Player yesterday fractured both right front sesamoids in the New Orleans Handicap.  He is currently at the LSU Large Animal Vets scheduled for surgery probably tomorrow.  Had a quiet night and even managed to lay down for a bit.

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/41339-the-player-has-two-fractured-sesamoids-in-his-right-front-leg

Amy (1pony)

3/25/18

We have been discussing this on The Fairgrounds Thread and I even posted a photo.

Derby132

3/26/18

A positive comment by a poster from The Player's fb page.  Fingers crossed he comes out of surgery well.  But need to hope and pray he recuperates well.  But....I'll take this!

Fernanda Camargo I just had a meeting with Dr Steve Reed from Rood and Riddle and he said that The Player's chances are really good for a successful arthrodesis. Of course we don't have access to his x-rays, but he even made a comment that this horse is lucky he likes to lay down so much. He went on to say that there are many stallions and broodmares with fused ankles that perform greatly and have an excellent quality of life. Let's all pray this guy comes out of that surgical suite well and easy!

https://www.facebook.com/The-Player-1764502500517177/?hc_ref=ARRoOdX7_szPzhcVZjlfN0m5zQEZnfoSBHMVOobJB3DtDo0hchfTyal4E-xGbXsQE84&fref=nf

Derby132

3/26/18

20 minutes ago....

William Buff Bradley Still in surgery. Waiting anxiously another hour or so at least

Lina_TX

3/26/18

I so hope it goes well.

Derby132

3/26/18

Still in surgery and putting a shoe on his good foot for stability so I am hoping to have word in the next hour. Around 7-8 eastern time. I promise to post as soon as I know. ??

cigarello

3/26/18

Hanging onto every word and hoping and praying----