MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

INJURED   Horse Racing

Started 3/3/18 by Derby132; 122646 views.
Derby132

3/26/18

Still in surgery and putting a shoe on his good foot for stability so I am hoping to have word in the next hour. Around 7-8 eastern time. I promise to post as soon as I know. ??

cigarello

3/26/18

Hanging onto every word and hoping and praying----

Lina_TX

3/26/18

cigarello said...

Hanging onto every word and hoping and praying----

Likewise!

Derby132

3/26/18

Great news so far. Surgery went well and they have put a plate and 16 screws in his leg. This took well over 7 hours and getting up took another few hours(I did tell the vet he will stay down as long as he could).Dr. McCauley and his staff at LSU have done a wonderful job in a complicated surgery. I am a bit emotional after seeing him stand on his own and bearing weight on all 4 legs and then walking to his stall. Now we have to hope for no infections and that no laminitis sets in. Keep praying(its working)as he still has a long way to go. I will be back tomorrow to check on him. OH and he ate some peppermints!!

Amy (1pony)

3/26/18

Great news so far but we need to keep the prayers going because this is going to be a long recovery

gerchgo

3/26/18

Go Player!!!! Prayers continue for an uneventful recovery!!!!!!

Lina_TX

3/26/18

So far so good!  Now, more prayers for the next phase.

Derby132

3/26/18

I'm shaking I've been so worried.  Yes, prayers and positive thoughts to continue.  I think Buff needs to be there full time with the pillow and peppermints!

cigarello

3/26/18

Good news--this is the first step in a long process towards  his

Recovery--I could hardly think of anything else all day -i am sure he is enjoying munching on his peppermints

gerchgo

3/27/18

He is doing well, resting like he should!!! Prayers continue and Go Player!!!!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1830731330560960&id=1764502500517177&__tn__=%2As%2As-R