MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

INJURED   Horse Racing

Started 3/3/18 by Derby132; 122228 views.
Derby132

8/5/19

Was glad to see the very hopeful prognosis.

Sad to report that Sundae on Sunday did not make it at Saratoga yesterday.  Also glad I did not see it.  Catastrophic rear end injury.

RIP Sundae on Sunday.

cigarello

8/5/19

thanks for the update, though it is very sad. They mentioned the injury of Sundae on sunday but there was no further information. RIP.

In reply toRe: msg 423
cigarello

8/18/19

https://www.drf.com/news/concrete-rose-miss-rest-2019-fracture?type=

Bad news- good news:

Bad news: Concrete Rose will miss the rest of this year due to a hairline fracture that took 3 sets of x-rays to detect.  Thank goodness they kept looking for the problem.  Good news: she will get the rest of the year off and come back, they believe, at 100%.  That is a darn shame though.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/18/19

I was just coming to post this, it’s sad she misses the rest of this year but she should come back stronger next year.

gerchgo

8/18/19

Crap! At least no surgery needed, so glad they were persistent in looking for an injury! Looking forward to her races next year!

Derby132

8/18/19

Bummed to see this.  Concrete Rose is one of the horses I am most excited about this year.  I am sorry she misses Breeders's Cup but very glad they were so persistent in finding out what was going on.

Derby132

9/3/19

I had read something about Gift Box - I would think it highly unlikely he makes a bid for the Classic.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

9/12/19

Prayers for this horses complete recovery and I hope he is a success at stud

Derby132

9/12/19

Oh no.  What a shame.  How often do you hear about injuries in the gallops at Newmarket?   You just don't.