MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

INJURED   Horse Racing

Started 3/3/18 by Derby132; 122643 views.
gerchgo

11/17/21

Hopefully! At least we have a reason for his last race.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/18/21

The main cause of his poor race in the BC was the track. He was pressured by other horses on the front end and had to set fast fractions and the track was tiring therefore he had nothing left in the tank in the stretch.

gerchgo

Feb-15

Turf Paradise needs to shut down until they can get a vet in there to correctly diagnose racing fitness in the horses, unlike what happened to this poor horse Creative Plan, RIP sweet boy, you deserved much better!

https://paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/morally-wrong-sad-journey-of-creative-plan-raises-concerns-about-horse-welfare-at-turf-paradise/

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-15

FB and Twitter has been blowing up over this the past week. I am glad to see Paulick Report reporting on it. 
I wonder if Chip Wiley’s suspension is tied into this somehow. 
The vet/s who look at the horses and say they are sound to race need to be honest and not corrupted.

Flurry84

Feb-15

Just read this article before coming here.  What a bunch of immoral people these are, to subject Creative Plan to long-term suffering as they did.  Thankfully some cared enough to save him from continued suffering and release him from pain.  Rest in Peace.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-16

I truly hope that those involved get removed from racing. These are the scumbags who give racing a bad name. Not Bob Baffert, yet they go after Baffert because he is so visible.

cigarello

Feb-16

Absolutely correct

Flurry84

Feb-16

Agree completely.  And the track itself has a lot of blame for this horse's suffering.  I noticed that Broberg's name came up in the article and I have always been concerned about him.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-17

We will see if any of this helps! 

gerchgo

Feb-17

I’m glad they are seeking answers/help, but they need conscientious vets to do exams on pre entires. Doesn’t Arizona have an Equine Management School? Perhaps they can run a program as assistants to help said vets in exams and reviewing using existing students taking the notes of the vet and submitting to those reviewing them?