MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TB Sales   Horse Racing

Started 3/7/19 by Amy (1pony); 26604 views.
cigarello

Sep-15

https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-latest/reasons-for-optimism-at-hill-n-dale-farms-despite-lady-eli-colt-going-unsold/450672

Hmmm  -Lady Eli colt was not sold- I believe the sire is Warfront- i wonder why this colt did not sell- i think the price was 385,000-- well, i remember American Pharoah didn't sell for 300,000- and that worked out kind of good!!!!!

gerchgo

Sep-15

I don’t really know why. I’m sure his reserve was double the bid price. He would most likely would lean toward turf, and although turf racing seems to becoming more popular, the European buyers aren’t there in person. It also seemed that they were buying the fillies right and left. Perhaps they looked better? A chance he sells privately, or at the 2yr old sales, or just race him themselves?

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-16

I am sure they wanted more money for him. Buyers want perfect horses when they are spending $$ and he may have had a small issue with his x-rays or something else.

Plus with all the COVID issues right now the sales are a bit soft.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-16

In reply toRe: msg 295
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-16

In reply toRe: msg 296
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-16

In reply toRe: msg 297
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-16

I am kicking myself that I didn’t pull the trigger and purchase a share in Authentic, I will not make that mistake again!