Discussions

2019 Breeder’s Cup   Horse Racing

Started 4/9/19 by gerchgo; 21317 views.
cigarello

11/1/19

It is a great story- I really liked Court Vision too

cigarello

11/2/19

I am thinking it is because of the cluster of breakdowns and deaths- there were so many in such a short period of time. it seemed like there was one breakdown/euthanization every day or every few days---it became a real cause for concern- IMO- as it should have

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/2/19

Yes we have breakdowns everywhere Santa Anita unfortunately has had more than the usual. There was the equivalent to the perfect storm at the start of 2019. They experienced much more rain than normal and because the sand composition is setup for droughts not excessive rain then they sealed the track and let the horses run and work over the equivalent of concrete. So they had horses having small fractures and when they ran or worked the second or third time they would breakdown.

I am not an expert but this is a synopsis of all I read IMHO

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/2/19

I hope Dennis checks out well when he is home.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/2/19

gerchgo

11/2/19

Great! Hopefully she’ll be able to continue her winning ways!

Potsdam2

11/2/19

Wow.  I hope she does well today and remains happy and healthy so that we can enjoy her next year.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

11/2/19

Two scratches today

Sprint: Imperial Hint

Turf Mile: Suedois

cigarello

11/2/19

Did they say why Imperial Hint was scratched? that is quite a loss in that race

cigarello

11/2/19

That is great news-- of all the horses running today, she is the one I am pulling for the most. I love her, loved her daddy too!!!!!!