MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

  • 12346
    MEMBERS
  • 2550552
    MESSAGES
  • 11
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2019 Breeder’s Cup   Horse Racing

Started 4/9/19 by gerchgo; 20654 views.
cigarello

From: cigarello

6/27/19

 Pretty stupid if you ask me. I guess these people don't get it. If there is one breakdown, and if that breakdown is fatal, SA racing will be shut down-  This is going to be a spectacle on the nightly news with  protestors and other crazies-- it won't be pretty.  They could have avoided this spectacle but they chose not to.

Derby132

From: Derby132

6/27/19

Good luck to all at Santa Anita for a safe and successful Breeders' Cup.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

From: Amy (1pony)

6/27/19

I was 90 percent sure they would leave it at SA and I am proud that the BC board approved it. 

Running away now after the track is fixed would have sealed the Fate on SA.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

From: Amy (1pony)

6/27/19

The track is fixed as long as they do not experience the monsoon rains they had earlier in the year. This is the right decision, unfortunately a breakdown may happen but not holding the BC would be worse 

cigarello

From: cigarello

6/28/19

 My concern is that having the BC at SA will result in a media frenzy:  I expect NBC and other channels to talk endlessly about the 30 horse deaths; that the focus won't be on the great racing for two days. There will be lots of protesters including PETA of course.  If there is one fatal breakdown, well I don't even want to think about that.

lindawilbe

From: lindawilbe

6/28/19

Darn it...more to worry about. I hope they take the time to inspect and improve the track.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

cigarello

From: cigarello

6/28/19

 Well they have plenty of time to figure things out and work on the track

and other concerns, but i really don't like having the BC there

gerchgo

From: gerchgo

6/28/19

They do have back up plans but decline to say what it is.

At this point Hollendorfer can enter horses, if he does they will get all the info and decide if can race after reviewing all the facts.

https://www.drf.com/news/breeders-cup-board-votes-keep-2019-event-santa-anita

lindawilbe

From: lindawilbe

7/1/19

Hopefully SA will have lots of dry weather this summer and the track will improve. I also hope they inspect the track-they certainly have enough time.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

TOP