Started 4/9/19 by gerchgo; 20835 views.
lindawilbe

11/6/19

Yes! Yes! Yes! One less scandal!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

lindawilbe

11/6/19

See this is what ruins the sport. Many years ago at PARX - a horse "dropped dead" at the finish of a race. He had a heart attack - not an injury, but the owners and trainers took off...leaving me to think something was not right. I did not find out a conclusion. This was an unusual incident at PARX. 

Linda J.

Northeast Philly 

cigarello

11/6/19

Lack of transparency is a problem: failure to address these awful situations and a direct and forthright manner lead to rampant speculation---- that is never good. Like the situation with MG- now that the BC refuses to discuss important issues involving this horse, people are assuming they are covering something up.

lindawilbe

11/6/19

This is not going to help horse racing and gives the Governor of California and PETA an excuse to end California Horse Racing at least at Santa Anita...I am worried.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

Derby132

11/6/19

Very good discussion following this tweet:

Gary Contessa @GaryContessa 10h10 hours ago

Racing needs a united front in the form of a commission. To face the press and the public as one. To answer the questions directly and clearly by representing the entire industry. Right now Racing needs leadership not silence.

https://twitter.com/GaryContessa/status/1192060909939838976

gerchgo

11/6/19

I notice that vet put the blame solely on trainers, but aren’t some vets looking the other way or helping out some of those trainers? I wonder if she feels threatened she would have to answer /abide by a commission?

Derby132

11/6/19

I've no first hand knowledge but from what one hears there are vets who look the other way.  And those that provide the 'goods'.

Derby132

11/6/19

Was just reading Pletchers comments.  He is right.

"  ...we have to continue to work harder and do better at this. It’s a crisis. In racing, a lot of times, we get through one crisis and then we kind of coast. We can’t let our foot off the pedal. We have to get this thing sorted out and do a lot better than we’re doing now.”