MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Santa Anita winter2019/spring meet2020   Horse Racing

Started 8/6/19 by gerchgo; 12995 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/6/19

Good for Santa Anita being proactive on the new drainage. They will be prepared for early next year if they get the heavy rains they had this year.

gerchgo

8/6/19

I think it was a freaky rainy season taking its toll on the track. However, if they have any fatalities during racing or works due to injuries sustained, they’ll be forced to close in my opinion? Praying nothing happens!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

8/6/19

The problem is that no matter how hard they try I think you will still have a few fatalities, unfortunately it’s the nature of the game.

gerchgo

9/18/19

Another Fatality at SA, I didn’t know they had training there while track was dark-this was on the training track

https://news.yahoo.com/santa-anita-horse-death-zeke-095844117.html

gerchgo

9/27/19

Congrats to Johnny V and Eight Rings who beats American Therom in the American Pharoah Stakes just now, easily going away!

JV also won the Chandelier earlier, and is now leading jockey with G1 wins, surpassing Jerry Bailey- Congrats!

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/236066/bast-proves-best-in-santa-anitas-chandelier-stakes

• Edited September 27, 2019 8:38 pm  by  gerchgo
gerchgo

9/28/19

Oh no! Emtech goes down in stretch, screens are up so it doesn’t look good.:( Mario Guterriez is down but up and walking to ambulance.

cigarello

9/28/19

M Tech fell in race 9

The jockey just got to his feet

In reply toRe: msg 7
gerchgo

9/28/19

Not good on National TV for horseracing and Santa Anita for the horse to breakdown....... let’s hope no more this meet or they will have to move the BC.

gerchgo

9/28/19

EMtech was euthanized, broke both front fetlocks.:(