MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SEPTEMBER $5 WINNER IS......   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Sep-1 by NWFLAFOB; 820 views.
NWFLAFOB

Sep-4

Thank you, Tricia.

Most of Florida really lucked out with this storm.   Don't blame you for not staying put IF it had come ashore near you.  Three miles inland you wouldn't have the flooding but the winds, even on the "weak" side, would have been scary.  

We were definitely sad to lose Humpy.  The others are in varying degrees of molting right now.  Our favorite (don't tell the others), Lucille, looks horrible. She started ahead of the others and hasn't been laying eggs for a week or so.  They are not supposed to lay during a molt which can last a couple months.  So much for not having to buy eggs at the store!

Goldie had her first heartworm kill shot yesterday.  Took her back to vet in the afternoon when she was still extremely restless, panting and unable to get comfortable.  They warn that the shot itself is painful just by virtue of the lower lumbar area where it's given and the muscles absorbing the medicine.  That's what she was experiencing but to a concerned and paranoid mother - ME! - I wanted official ears and eyes to check her out.  This morning, she's back to normal and resting comfortably.    

In reply toRe: msg 5
NWFLAFOB

Sep-4

Jodie, thank you!

MichiganFOB1

Sep-4

You are so welcome.

cigarello

Sep-7

Hi Linda: just donated thru Paypal

Can you believe fall is here??? I can't

Take care

Marilyn

amycapshaw

Sep-8

Hi Linda

Just sent my donation in through PayPal. Thank you so much!

Amy

NWFLAFOB

Sep-9

Marilyn, thanks!

I love Fall - October is my favorite month.  Love the change in the air when it gets a little less humid, the sunlight is different, and the sound of crows just screams "It's Fall, Y'all!!!"   The downside for here in northwest Florida, with Fall comes more potential for a hurricane in the area and we are invaded by love bugs - the flying fornicating members of the insect world.   They are here for several weeks in the Fall and Spring.  Ruin paint jobs on vehicles if residue is allowed to remain, swarm around the front door and get in your face when you're outside.  Lovely creatures!!   I resurrected a homestyle deterrent I read about last year - fill a white bowl with water and add few drops baby oil (I had to use some 20 year old Avon Skin So Soft instead).  The bus are attracted to the water and get caught in the oil.  I placed a bowl next to front door and have trapped a handful so far.

cigarello

Sep-9

i hate love bugs-- we spend our winters in Fort Myers Fla

a couple years ago it was extremely hot in apri----l as we were driving back to michigan, our car was completely covered with love bugs---we finally stopped a few hundrec miles down tbe road, pulled into a gas station to clean them off and there were many cars just like ours

love bugs are nasty and they fly right in your face