MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

OCTOBER $5 WINNER IS................   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Oct-1 by NWFLAFOB; 702 views.
NWFLAFOB

Oct-1

Well, I saw a face book meme the other day that proclaimed "Sweatember is over and Hotober  is here" - that about sums it up!!!!!!!!!!!  Still hotter than a firecracker but Mike ordered a small air conditioner gizmo for the chicken coop.  It's scheduled for delivery on Friday so that means our temperatures just might break that day and we'll see cool air around here!!

Took Goldie to vet first thing this a.m. for the second and third heartworm kill shots.  My understanding is these are the ones hardest on the dog's system.  She's done awesome after her first shot so prayers appreciated that she continues to deal with this treatment so well going forward.

Now, here's the info you really want!  This month's rescue is Helping Hounds Dog Rescue - we donated to them in 2014 also.  For those who prefer snail mail:  6606 Kinne Road, Dewitt, NY 13214

There is no PayPal option but a secured donation site for credit cards is available at their website:

www.helpinghoundsdogrescue.org           When home page appears, click "Learn More" and then select Donate on that page.   There is a category for a one time donation and then a form to complete before entering credit card info.  A little more steps to take than using PayPal but I just did it and it works!

Spoke to them on the phone to verify info and they were most appreciative of our small donations.

Please let me know you've seen and sent.

JungleHeart

Oct-1

In the mail!  THANK YOU, LINDA, as always!

Chrys

NWFLAFOB

Oct-1

Thanks, Chrys.  I appreciate you being here!!!!  Love you.

MichiganFOB1

Oct-1

Done. Wonderful rescue.

NWFLAFOB

Oct-1

Thank you, Ellen.

cigarello

Oct-2

Good morning Linda:

Hoping that Goldie does well with her heart worm shots: prayers for her-

I just donated using my credit card-easy peasy!!!

Happy fall!!!

Marilyn

MichiganFOB1

Oct-2

You are welcome.

NWFLAFOB

Oct-2

Thanks, Marilyn.

I called vet earlier to check on how she was doing.  Vet tech who is a face book friend, too, said she'd go give her some "lovins" for me.   Said she was doing well and had received her second heartworm shot this morning.  I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk when she's outside for the next month and will likely need to use the kennel area we established in the garage.  That way she cannot go outside at night.  I seriously doubt she's out there cavorting in the dark UNLESS she is aware if the other two go out to bark and chase critters outside the fence - or inside the yard! Then she might go out and join in the merriment.