Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

War of Will   Horse Racing

Started Nov-3 by poochluv2; 567 views.
poochluv2

Nov-3

As a fan of War of Will, i wanted to know if fans are confused by his defeats.

i have watched all of his races and noticed that he is quirky when he feels other horses coming up on him.  Yesterday again,Mongolian Groom came up and had slight contact ;(to the detriment of this poor horse) and War of Will immediately fell back!

Also, i am surprised Mr. Casse has not considered him to train for sprinting,as he seems to lose stamina in the last part of z race.  Notably,He won the Preakness,which was the shortest race of the Triple Crown! I just think he is a talented horse who needs his trainer to consider where he will fit best in the future.  

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Nov-3

This was his first race with blinkers on and he did not rate, he ran a fast 3/4 mile over a deep track he is not used to and tired. 

Mark is a great trainer and I know he will figure him out. He is not a Sprinter imho but maybe a mile or a mile and an eighth is his best distance.

lindawilbe

Nov-4

I hope War of Will continues to race in 2020. I know Mark will figure him out.

I am a major War of Will fan.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

cigarello

Nov-4

I am too: i think they will figure him out- he has talent---

lindawilbe

Nov-5

I saw WOW on Pennsylvania Derby Day. He is a beautiful horse and I wish the best for him.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

cigarello

Nov-5

You lucky girl: there is nothing as awesome as getting up close and personal with these magnificent horses!

lindawilbe

Nov-5

I posted his photo under Pennsylvania Derby-I can look up the photo and post it again.

Hope horse racing continues...does not look good from what I have been reading.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly 

cigarello

Nov-5

Please post it again if you can--- I don't think it will that easy to make horse racing disappear from California though i imagine there will be those who will try 

lindawilbe

Nov-5

I will try and post WOW photo tomorrow. I believe I took two photos.

Linda J. 

Northeast Philly

In reply toRe: msg 9
lindawilbe

Nov-6

War of Will - Picture I took Pennsylvania Derby #1