MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Horse Racing Issues WE MUST ACT NOW   Horse Racing

Started Nov-14 by Amy (1pony); 2758 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-21

This is ridiculous Stronach Group isn’t consistent from state to state. Florida needs to wake up or there could be protesters at Gulfstream soon.

Derby132

Jan-23

And this is the kind of stuff they really need to come down hard on.

gerchgo

Jan-23

It’s bad enough that there’s no national commission, but no state commission and a corporate ownership that seems to almost be the opposite of its track on the west coast. Something HAS to change!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-12

California has issues we all agree but this Bill goes way to far and if it passes is just the first step to ending Horse Racing in that state and then They will go on to the next state till they have successfully ended racing. 

gerchgo

Feb-13

What part of the bill do you think would push boundaries to force the end of racing? It seems to be pretty broad based/general.

• Edited February 13, 2020 11:30 am  by  gerchgo
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-13

I wish I had time to go thru the bill and show you piece by piece where they can tighten the regulations and eventually no racing, but I do not.

Do you think a trainer should immediately be suspended if he has a horse die under his care till they determine what happened? 
Ger you and I are good friends and unfortunately you are not as versed in all the bills the A/R’s movement is introducing throughout the country. They are attacking, rodeos, horse racing, dog sports (shows, agility, hunting trials, etc) Breeders of all animals, farmers etc. THE goal is no animals period in our presence. No farm animals chickens, cows, pigs etc. NO pets in our house period. 
Once a bill is law it is so easy to make it more restrictive!

Please everyone WAKE UP

cigarello

Feb-14

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Humiliated_by_vet_scratch_owner_sues_Santa_Anita_Park_123#

Owner sues due to vet scratch of the horse-- does anybody think this suit has a real chance of being successful? i don't.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Mar-3

Good for Mark Casse to speak out! I agree Clenbuterol isn’t a good drug!

gerchgo

Mar-3

Great job writing it, I wasn’t aware of the way it was used by some trainers.