MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Horse Racing Issues WE MUST ACT NOW   Horse Racing

Started 11/14/19 by Amy (1pony); 3009 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-12

California has issues we all agree but this Bill goes way to far and if it passes is just the first step to ending Horse Racing in that state and then They will go on to the next state till they have successfully ended racing. 

gerchgo

Feb-13

What part of the bill do you think would push boundaries to force the end of racing? It seems to be pretty broad based/general.

• Edited February 13, 2020 11:30 am  by  gerchgo
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-13

I wish I had time to go thru the bill and show you piece by piece where they can tighten the regulations and eventually no racing, but I do not.

Do you think a trainer should immediately be suspended if he has a horse die under his care till they determine what happened? 
Ger you and I are good friends and unfortunately you are not as versed in all the bills the A/R’s movement is introducing throughout the country. They are attacking, rodeos, horse racing, dog sports (shows, agility, hunting trials, etc) Breeders of all animals, farmers etc. THE goal is no animals period in our presence. No farm animals chickens, cows, pigs etc. NO pets in our house period. 
Once a bill is law it is so easy to make it more restrictive!

Please everyone WAKE UP

cigarello

Feb-14

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Humiliated_by_vet_scratch_owner_sues_Santa_Anita_Park_123#

Owner sues due to vet scratch of the horse-- does anybody think this suit has a real chance of being successful? i don't.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Mar-3

Good for Mark Casse to speak out! I agree Clenbuterol isn’t a good drug!

gerchgo

Mar-3

Great job writing it, I wasn’t aware of the way it was used by some trainers.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Mar-3

I was aware of some of the uses but not all of them. Casse did a great job on it for sure!!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Mar-11

CDI is fighting against The Horse Racing Integrity Act . UGH

The final 2019 lobbying reporting required by the U.S. House and Senate has been filed in Washington, D.C., and made public on the U.S. Senate's website.
Reports from Churchill Downs reveal the organization has hired some "big guns" to lobby against the Horseracing Integrity Act, H.R. 1754/S. 1820. The reports reveal Churchill paid $30,000 to Harbinger Strategies for the period of January 1, 2019 - March 31, 2019, for lobbying services by Manny Rossman, a Senior Policy Advisor to former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott (R-MS); Steve Stombres, a Chief of Staff for former U.S. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA); and three additional lobbyists at the firm. 
Adding a second firm in the next quarter named Subject Matter with eleven total lobbyists also at $30,000, Churchill paid a total of $60,000 to the two firms for the period of April 1, 2019 - June 30, 2019, another $60,000 to the two firms for the period of July 1, 2019 - September 30, 2019, and $60,000 more to the same two firms for the period of October 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019
If Churchill Downs continues at the current rate of spending $60,000 per quarter, they'll likely shell out $240,000 this year - primarily to defeat the Horseracing Integrity Act that would end race-day doping, create a uniform national standard for drug testing under the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), and bring integrity back to the sport. 
Marty Irby
WHOA Member  
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
gerchgo

Mar-11

Dam Churchill!