MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DECEMBER $5 WINNER IS.....   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started 12/1/19 by NWFLAFOB; 1229 views.
NWFLAFOB

12/1/19

Well, Peoples, here we are - it's December and we said goodbye to active hurricane season in these here parts yesterday!  Always a sigh of relief.  Decorated on Thanksgiving and the day after.  Put up two wreaths with timer operated fairy lights outside the chicken coop.  Figure why not make them festive, too! Not putting up big tree this year - the one we've used for about 15+ years sheds plus with three big dogs taking up space in living room, there's not much left for a big tree.  Put up a small one in an antique wooden child's wagon instead.
OK, down to business.  Our December rescue is the Michigan Animal Rescue League (thanks to Ellen...Michigan Fob1 for nominating them).   If you do PayPal it's available at their website here - www.marleague.org     If you'd rather use a stamp, here is their mailing address (might differ from the one on their website; their rep responded to my notification with a correction to the one they've been using)
1624 N. Perry, Pontiac MI 48340.      They know donations will be annotated FOB DONATION and that we don't expect individual thanks.   When I notified them, their rep responded "   Thank you so much for choosing our organization for your month of December donations, it is greatly appreciated."
Please let me know you've seen and sent.  As always, if you'd like to be removed from monthly effort just please shoot me an email.
For those following her progress, Goldie is doing phenomenally well.  An insanely happy dog.  Had some of her growths removed, stitches out, ho hum - no biggie for her.   Really is a remarkable change from the dog who wandered into our yard back in June.
hatchery1

12/2/19

Congrats to Michigan Animal Rescue League!  I sent my $5 donation by Paypal.

I put up my little blue Christmas tree and lights.  We don't decorate as much as we did up in New England, but we're still in the Christmas spirit here in Florida!  Loving the cool, breezy weather we've been having. Glorious!

So happy to hear that Goldie is thriving, thanks to you!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

cigarello

12/2/19

Hi Linda:  i just donated thru pay pal. This organization sounds awesome.

Glad to hear Goldie is doing so well.  i was not aware that she just wandered into your back yard in June: Clearly, she knew what she was doing and that she would be well taken care of!!

Wishing you happy holidays

Marilyn

PattyTx1

12/3/19

Hi Linda,

I have seen the December rescue and I will PayPal them my donation.

I am so glad that Goldie is doing so well.  The luckiest thing she ever did was wander into your yard!  Wish all dogs and cats and horses could have a loving home like yours.

MichiganFOB1

12/5/19

When I go to the website there is no place to enter debit card info or PayPal.

MichiganFOB1

12/6/19

Hi. Linda. I cannot find a donation spot on their web.

NWFLAFOB

12/7/19

Tricia, thank you.

A friend of mine decorates with pink flamingos and also all sorts of antique decorations.    It's really neat to see.

Merry Christmas to you, too.  We've had a couple freezing nights that required covering my Meyer Lemon tree to protect from freezing.  It's coldish and damp today with cooler weather toward week's end.  Yay!

NWFLAFOB

12/7/19

Thank you, Marilyn.

Yes, Goldie is a wanderer.  Had a conversation with her the other day and she told me she had always depended on the kindness of strangers (well, that's what I think she was saying) and it occurred to me I should have named her Blanche for Blanche DuBois from A Streetcar Named Desire.   She even looks like a Blanche!   During our first visit to the vet, one of the vets asked about her and when I told him her story and as he assessed her condition he declared she truly did know what driveway to walk down.  Because it took a lot of work to get her healthy!   She's a sweetie, for sure.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

NWFLAFOB

12/7/19

Ellen, sorry for slow response - I've been asleep at the wheel!

Once you've accessed the DONATE button, go ahead and fill in your info in the form and then hit the DONATE button at bottom.  That kicks you to the PayPal or debit/credit card choice.  Also, if you go snail mail remember to use the new address:   1624 N. Perry, Pontiac MI 48340    instead of the one listed on site.

MichiganFOB1

12/7/19

Thanks so much. Will try again.