MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Gulfstream Park 2019/2020   Horse Racing

Started Dec-15 by Amy (1pony); 1665 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-23

Saturday at Gulfstream will be exciting 

In reply toRe: msg 6
HorseRacesN

Jan-26

Professional photographer Vanessa Ng of Horse-Races.Net ***THE REAL HRN -- THE ORIGINAL SINCE 1994*** was at Gulfstream last week for the Pegasus World Cup (G1).  Photos here:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexbrown/messages?msg=64603.4

Derby132

Jan-27

Loved Mean Mary's win the past weekend.  I'm a fan now  : )

HERRINGSWELL STABLE:  Mean Mary was never mean although she could be called “quirky” not too long ago Mary decided that training wasn’t for her and she refused to participate... plan b was hanging with #champ Main Sequence. We’re not sure what he said to her but since those days she’s never looked back.

Image may contain: horse, tree, sky, plant, grass, outdoor and nature

https://www.facebook.com/HerringswellStables/photos/a.10151981491108174/10156997289913174/?type=3&theater

cigarello

Jan-27

Love her name and her story

wonder what Main Sequence whispered in her ear????

Derby132

Feb-15

Nice horse that Pletcher just ran at Gulfstream in race 5.  Money Moves by Candy Ride.  Huge horse.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-15

Yes and he was an expensive purchase 

gerchgo

Feb-15

Not a good return for Restless Rider, why put her in a graded race after a lay-off? Sloppy track didn’t help.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-15

I think most of it was the sloppy track. You let her run and hope she gets a piece of the money unfortunately that didn’t work.

gerchgo

Feb-15

I wouldn’t think they would have started her in that kind of race? I don’t think she won her race before the layoff?

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-15

She isn’t eligible for an allowance race so she has to start in a stakes race of some sort though I think I would have tried to find her a shorter race. Yes her last race was the Kentucky Oaks she finished 12th. Ken McPeek isn’t known for being a high percentage win Trainer off the lay-off. With the short field I think they were just hoping to get a piece of the purse money.