MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show 2/9-2/11   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Jan-28 by Amy (1pony); 2284 views.
Flurry84

Feb-11

What a shame about the IWS;  just could not stand for examination for some reason.  Wonder if it was the overwhelming environment.  I looked her up and she has a CD, CGC and more.    Broke my heart for her handler.

Interesting correction:  checking the WKC results again and the numbers were inaccurate in the WKC data I first saw.  Was able to watch breed judging on youtube and the arm bands did not correspond to the WKC results.  (Winner was #7, not #9).  So, that explains why the #### I looked up had CD, etc.  It was not the right ####!    Still, terrible for the dog and young lady.  Still no video on official website!

• Edited February 12, 2020 12:01 am  by  Flurry84
cigarello

Feb-11

i felt really bad for the handler--- poor dog -- just kinda lost it a bit!

i love this dog show- rooting for the magnificent golden retriever

to win Best In Show. 

Flurry84

Feb-12

Back up to the edit I did on the Water Spaniel;  Westminster had wrong results on the initial info;  I was able to decipher it with the help of youtube.  That explains the reason that an obedience titled dog was so skittish, etc. in the ring  (it was not obedience-titled, id was incorrect on it).  Feel awful for the young lady who was excused from the ring, esp. at WKC!

gerchgo

Feb-12

I felt so bad for that young handler. The dog was fine until the judge got near it, perhaps she had perfume or just didn’t get a good vibe from judge. I didn’t catch the age of the dog.

lindawilbe

Feb-12

Saw the winner on the "Today Show" this morning...black poodle. I wanted the Golden Retriever, but they never win...

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

lindawilbe

Feb-12

She arrived on "Today" fashionably late...ha! ha!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

Flurry84

Feb-12

Have not gotten e-mails to let me know anyone has left a message on the forum for me.  Don't know what is going on, but did see your message when I came to the forum.  I was able to locate breed judging on youtube  (not on WKC site as of 10 pm last night).  This #### had her tailed tucked under her and did not seem very happy in breed, but nothing like her reaction last night.  At first I thought it might be this judge, but the whole experience seemed to freak her out.  I just hope they can get her back and moving forward.

Flurry84

Feb-12

Just so sad for the young lady handling her.  Maybe she can re-gain some confidence with some agility work or something;  it has helped a couple of mine in the past.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Feb-12

We are very pleased that Millie made the cut her future is very bright this year!