MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

APRIL $5 WINNER IS.............   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Apr-1 by NWFLAFOB; 642 views.
NWFLAFOB

Apr-9

Jodie, thank you.

Yes, they do an awesome job and it breaks my heart to see the animals suffering because the rescues are so additionally challenged now.  

Stay safe.

MichiganFOB1

Apr-9

Oh how I hate to drink alone. Thanks Linda. Be safe.

PattyTx1

Apr-9

Happy April, Linda!

I have seen your message for the April rescue and will send my donation to them.  Hope everything is going well with you and with Goldie!

NWFLAFOB

Apr-9

Thank you, Patty.

Miss Goldie is doing well.  She is such a sweet, sweet dog and just eats up attention.   It's so weird but sometimes I look at her and have such an overwhelming feeling of happiness and gratefulness I actually get tears in my eyes.  THAT is a bizarre emotion!!  I'm grateful we were given the opportunity to help this old dog live out her days as healthy as possible and super happy.  When she's "feeling her oats", she bounces and romps with the biggest grin on her face.  She has times when she stumbles - her legs sometimes give out or she easily missteps.  The others can easily knock her over if they accidentally run into her.  But, no matter what, she pops back up, wags her tail, and keeps going!  She quickly learned every single part of the daily routine and is sometimes the one leading the way.  I think maybe she and Dexter are sweethearts because he kind of seems to look out for her.  If she's inside and he or Gracie are outside, she'll go stand at the door - sometimes head butting it - so I'll open it to let them in.   Bottom line - these dogs have us well trained!!!!!!!!

PattyTx1

Apr-15

That's all good to hear, Linda.  Glad she is doing so well.  It does make your heart sing!

Brigitte09

May-1

Seen and sent today. Thank you!