Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saratoga 2020   Horse Racing

Started Jun-6 by Derby132; 5753 views.
Flurry84

Aug-30

Was all primed for the Forego and then it vaporized!  Glad I remembered YouTube and got to the race in time.  Fox Sports is dreadful.

cigarello

Aug-30

yep Fox is dreadful--

Flurry84

Aug-30

btw, for anyone watching any Monmouth races, don't forget that they often run before the posted race time.  I have missed some good races this summer because I wasn't paying attention.

cigarello

Aug-30

a horse was apparently pulled up in one of the races ( can't recall which one)-- no further mention of what happened to that horse- did you hear that when you were watching?

Flurry84

Aug-30

It was the last race and only Eric Cancel was mentioned, not the horse.  I looked it up just now and Pot of Hunny was put down on the track.  She was brushed at the start by another filly.  May she be at rest now.  Owner was also the breeder, always poignant to me.  Trainer was Gary Sciacca who trains horses for Steve Byk's partners.

cigarello

Aug-30

Oh no-- so sorry to hear this-- condolences to her connections

Thank you for this information though it is so sad

gerchgo

Aug-30

Race 5, Perfection cry

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Flurry84

Aug-30

Thank you for letting us know.  She was just two years old.  Rest in peace Perfection and prayers of comfort for those who knew and loved her.

cigarello

Aug-30

So sorry to hear this--rest in peace

In reply toRe: msg 145
cigarello

Aug-30

Am I understanding correctly that the Woodward, which will now be run at  1 1/4 mile this year, is actually being run on Derby Day? that does not make sense to me