Discussions

Saratoga 2020   Horse Racing

Started Jun-6 by Derby132; 5413 views.
gerchgo

Jul-25

And Whitmore being older!

Potsdam2

Jul-25

I'm waiting for the video. Missed the race. I feel bad for Whitmore, but I am glad to hear that he muscled up to second after a bad break.  Do you think he had a chance of winning had that not happened?

cigarello

Jul-25

I think his break thru the gate and his little romp down the track took a bit out of him ( i know you are asking Derby) but that is what I think anyway. He did good considering----

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-25

A great race by Volatile, but the starting gate issues was just crazy!

First Whitmore breaks through the gate, then Lexitonian rears up and gets scratched. So the field is down to 4 runners. 

Potsdam2

Jul-26

Oh no! That's fine. Thanks for the info. I saw the video, but that does NOT include the "pre-romp" beforehand! I guess their could have been a different outcome of all that had not happened.

Derby132

Jul-26

As well as he did he might have.  But Volatile ran faster the longer he went.  He is one very fast horse.

Potsdam2

Jul-26

Well, I am happy that it could have been a different outcome. I  am always for the old guys or geldings, and when they are both? I  can't stop.

That said, I was happy for Somelikeithotbrown today in the Bernard Baruch though he isn't old or a gelding.  Nice to see a Big Brown baby do well, in spite of BB's icky trainer.

Derby132

Jul-28

I was also very happy for Somelikeithotbrown!  Love it for Big Brown.

gerchgo

Jul-28

Uncle Chuck and Gamine headed to the Spa, MS stays in CA for the Pacific Classic

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/242569/baffert-points-uncle-chuck-to-travers

Derby132

Jul-28

I would think Baffert is feeling pretty confident in Uncle Chuck to send him to the Travers.  Would love to be there to see Gamine.