MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Television coverage of races   Horse Racing

Started 6/9/20 by gerchgo; 43036 views.
lindawilbe

May-18

Thanks!

Go Epicenter and Secret Oath! I cannot decide at this point!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

gerchgo

May-18

I know! I want her because she’s a girl, I want him because he deserves a TC win!

lindawilbe

May-20

This is going to be exciting. Found my movie about "Ruffian" last night and I will not view this movie until after the Triple Crown races are completed. Talk about me not wanting bad luck. 

Good luck to all the horses for a safe race. Go Secret Oath and Epicenter!

Linda J.

Northeast Philly

gerchgo

Jun-7

Crap crap crap! This is the last year Nbc will show The Belmont, friggin fox gets it. I’m sure they’ll screw it up like they do now with coverage , I blame NYRA for signing that contract with them.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/259377/nbcs-hyland-reflects-as-network-prepares-final-belmont

cigarello

Jun-7

That is a darn shame-- horse racing on Fox is chaotic- it is treated like the wicked stepsister! ugh

Flurry84

Jun-8

Really unfortunate.  Saw this on Bloodhorse or Paulick just before I came here and was so dismayed.  Being treated like a stepchild and having to hunt around all day for the coverage we are wanting, sometimes missing a race or two, is awful.  Reminds me of Westminster coverage which used to be on USA today one night and some other channel the other.  I believe Fox has the coverage now that it is in June and an outdoor show.  I watch the breed competition online during the day.  Both my interests are shuffled around among networks so I guess I should be used to it by now!

gerchgo

Jun-8

I find it unbelievable that the NYRA has an exclusive contract with fox for coverage of the NY tracks, when coverage is dropped for other sports!  How can you get ,and maintain viewers, when inconsistency is their MO???

cigarello

Jun-8

It really does not make sense and there is so much frustration when all of a sudden horse racing disappears for almost any other sport---it is disgusting

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jun-10

Coverage tomorrow 

Belmont and Churchill FS2 11:00 to 2:30 eastern 

Churchill TVG2 2:30 to 6:15 eastern

Belmont CNBC 3:00 to 5:00 eastern

Belmont NBC 5:00 to 7:00 eastern.

cigarello

Jun-10

Well it says FS2 beginning at 11:00- I'll believe it when I see it.