MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SEPTEMBER $5 WINNER IS..............   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Sep-1 by NWFLAFOB; 658 views.
NWFLAFOB

Sep-1

Nope, didn't forget about y'all.  Went to buy groceries and wander around a Dollar Tree store.  Believe I have something to create a raccoon deterrent, two of them for a total investment of four bucks!  Trying to keep coon population at a minimum in the pole barn where the stray cat named Sweetie lives.  Every night, the trail camera shows a visiting Rocky Raccoon, dipping into the food and water.  I've trapped and relocated several but trying to figure a way to discourage them from hanging around.  Bought a flowy witch figure and a battery powered strobe light.  Now, to put my evil scheme together and see what happens.
This month's 501c3 is the Society for Animal Rescue & Adoption and their mailing address is 
P.O. Box 813, Seguin, TX 78156-0813.   If you prefer PayPal, their website is www.sarasanctuary.org.   I just made my donation via PayPal using that site and it provided a place for me to note it was a FOB donation.
As always, thank you all so very much for being a part of this effort.  Please let me know when you've seen and sent.
PattyTx1

Sep-2

Hi Linda,

I will PayPal my donation to the society for Animal Rescue and Adoption.

I always love finding a cheap way to solve a problem.  Hope it works for you!

hatchery1

Sep-3

Hi Linda,

Sent my donation by PayPal to SARA.

Hope you solve your 'coon problem with the scary witch!  I heard something scratching at my screen door last month, and was surprised to see a raccoon trying to get on my porch. Hadn't seen him before or since. We're in a city, so didn't think I'd see that. Glad he gave up and walked away.

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

• Edited September 3, 2020 10:51 am  by  hatchery1
MichiganFOB1

Sep-3

Sent donation via PayPal.

DJoAnn

Sep-4

$10 pp'ed to Sara Sanctuary. I have followed them for years and know them to be excellent.  As always,  thank you for making this all possible. Jodie 

amycapshaw

Sep-5

Hi Linda

Just sent my donation off to SARA. I love that rescue and have donated to them regularly in the past.

Loved your story about Rocky Raccoon. You will have to let us know if it works!

Thanks so much.

Amy

cigarello

Sep-6

Hi Linda:  just donated but unable to find a place to let them know i am part of FOB

I empathize with you trying to trap and relocate a racoon!! we have chipmunks and they build nests in our vehicle engines and eat thru the wires--- my husband bought a trap, put in some yummy peanut butter and within minutes he caught one and relocated it- he caught quite a few rather quickly- they seem to like creamy almond butter LOL

Take care

Marilyn

NWFLAFOB

Sep-7

Thanks, Patty!   I love just wandering around the different dollar stores.  It's amazing the things you can find.

NWFLAFOB

Sep-7

Thanks, Tricia.   Out here in the woods, we seen coons all the time.  Since I've been feeding our pole barn

cat, though, they are really making their presence known!  Little bandits.