MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Medina Spirit Derby positive    Horse Racing

Started 5/10/21 by Amy (1pony); 42705 views.
Potsdam2

Feb-21

Saw this on national news...  but thanks, ger,  for the details, and, .... I am not entirely surprised.

Potsdam2

Feb-21

Yes, well, I am  thinking of a racehorse . They are all insured. It's all about the money, no matter what they say about loving their horses. 

sandins

Feb-22

no surprise either, but the horse ran and won , ...........trainer did not run,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and to take this away fr a deceased horse is more tragic. but guess , it's never the horse that gets the glory and doesn't know the difference, either.

cigarello

Feb-22

I remain heartbroken Over the untimely death of this beautifuul  star-crossed horse.

I am doubly sad that his gritty derby win was taken away-- that victory showed

His heart and determination.That said, I am not surprised.

sandins

Feb-22

yes...am heartbroken. too. for Medina Spirit and sorry if I sounded less than as so angry that this was taken away from him. He will remain the winner in the hearts of many,as he WON......and that cannot be removed to punish a trainer, who only appears to love the ones who love him back, like A
P. This is a mockery of the Derby,as how can we trust those to follow?

cigarello

Feb-22

Sadly history will record him being disqualified, but those of us who  watched his gritty

determination know what a beautiful win  it was--- IMO it isnt fair to take that win away from him

to punish his trainer.  My heart hurts for this beautiful horse who should still be on

this earth.