Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Keeneland Fall Meet 2021   Horse Racing

Started 6/30/21 by gerchgo; 2263 views.
gerchgo

10/13/21

I was so happy to see her win for Chrome!!!! She really flew past everyone in the stretch!!

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/254043/california-angel-rises-to-occasion-in-jessamine

• Edited October 13, 2021 8:10 pm  by  gerchgo
cigarello

10/13/21

OOPS!!! she is a filly!!!!  my bad!!! it was an awesome win!!!!

Flurry84

10/13/21

She looked so good at Keeneland!  I thought she had done it until the commentators were unsure of which filly actually won.  Watched her break her maiden at KY Downs and now this fantastic win in the Jessamine and on to BC.  Very happy for the trainer who seems like a very modest person.  Gotta put her in my stable right now!  Where Cilla already is.

TVG showed a race of Chrome's yesterday at noon and it was so great to see him in all his glory.

cigarello

10/14/21

To think this lovely girl was purchased for the bargain basement price of 5500.00- There she is racing against all those high priced babies and she wins and gets to go to the win and your're in Breeders Cup.

This is a great story really. The owner and  trainer are a great story as well.

Msg 64722.25 deleted
Flurry84

10/14/21

This is a great story.  Byk is just beginning an interview with George Leonard right now.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

10/16/21

Mandy Pope has a nice MDO colt who just won the 3rd race an off the turf  at Keeneland today. Trained by Todd Pletcher. This colt’s dam sire is AP Indy so we know he will be able to run all day. I say keep him on the dirt!

gerchgo

10/16/21

Missed this race while dropping something off at the kids. Will watch when race 4 is over.

watched, good to see the fight to move off other horse, 3rd start so I guess the light bulb went off. How could he be in MSW when he’s had previous win, cause it was on dirt and not turf?

• Edited October 16, 2021 3:14 pm  by  gerchgo
Amy (1pony)
Staff

10/18/21

Ger he had one previous race that he finished 2nd in. Therefore still eligible for MSW

gerchgo

10/18/21

Okay, total conditions weren’t stated on the entry info, but I thought cause the others were on turf and this was dirt.