MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Meydan Racecourse Dubai 2021-2022   Horse Racing

Started Dec-2 by Amy (1pony); 3770 views.
sandins

Jan-2

Happy New Yr, Amy........

just watched the Westminster show and wonder if All the dogs are males?, or just most of........much llike horse racing, but not?

Sandy

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-2

Happy New Year Sandy,

I would say they are 50% male and 50% female. Some breeds are known for having males be the top dogs and females in the other. 
In Pembroke Corgi the top winning dog in history is a female, in 15” Beagles it’s a male. 

sandins

Jan-2

Thank you,as i guess I never paid that much attention to their sex, but seemed like all in this event were male

And have heard that the Queen has stopped her breeding , as she doesn't want them to out-live her?

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-4

The Queen stopped her breeding a while ago because of worries about tripping over a puppy. However I did see she got another corgi late in 2021. 
She looks great for her age! 

sandins

Jan-4

didn't know that she got another.........and has lost much weight, I think, since Philip's death, but still looks great

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-4

sandins

Jan-4

that's nice, I guess ,,,,,,,,and sure they have a future home, when she passes. Do you have any idea how many she had at one time,as breeding, too?

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-4

I do not know what her numbers were at the height of breeding. I do wish she had stuck to purebred breeding instead of crossing her Daschunds and Corgis.

sandins

Jan-4

yes......as wondered about that......do you kow why she did that,as thought she was a corgi devotee?

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jan-4

I am not sure why she did that.