Discussions

Medina Spirit dies of Heart Attack   General: Horse-related

Started Dec-7 by csantovena; 308 views.
cigarello

Dec-7

me too:  I am still in shock and feel such sorrow

csantovena

Dec-8

I am sorry you feel sorrow and shock. Apparently you loved him very much and were discussing him before his passing. It's a horrible feeling. I can't believe it. It feels like this can't really be happening. I feel so bad for poor Medina Spirit and all the troubles surrounding him. I can't believe not more people are talking about this. 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-8

We had a good discussion about him on the In Memorial thread.

Many on here are saddened by his passing and we posted a few articles there.

I pray that for the horses, owner and trainers  sake they find a conclusive cause.

poochluv2

Dec-9

Like others, I was devastated listening to the first report of Medina’s passing on a TV news report! We will never get to see the spunky and grit that Medina showed in his races. Even when he did not win, he ran with such heart! 
I was wondering if someone saw the article written by Steve Haskins,, as noted on a Facebook comment, on analyzing MS ‘s death! I just remember earlier in the year how Steve Haskins was such a fan of the horse,and his humble background,and unlikely champ!

gerchgo

Dec-9

Thanks for mentioning Steve, here’s the link to his article, Steve always has the right words!

https://www.secretariat.com/askin-haskin/11/29/2021/the-spirit-of-the-times/

In reply toRe: msg 6
gerchgo

Dec-10

University of Minnesota will be conducting the research/findings from MS’s samples to look for cardiac implications 

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/255482/u-of-mn-researchers-investigate-medina-spirits-death

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-10

This is good research, they hope to find factors in horses to hopefully avoid them dropping dead after exercise.