MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

JANUARY 2022 $5 WINNER IS..............   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Jan-1 by NWFLAFOB; 383 views.
NWFLAFOB

Jan-1

I went about selecting this month's recipient a bit differently.  Reviewed the list of groups and set aside those we haven't donated to for a long, long time.  Richland County Dog Shelter was one of the oldest ones.  Though the name seems govt related, here is their own self description:  "The Richland County Dog Warden's Office & Adoption Center is self-funded and does NOT receive any tax paying dollars. Our revenue comes from dog license fees, adoptions, impound fees, and YOUR donations." You can send snail mail donations to the shelter at 810 N. Home Rd. Mansfield, Ohio 44906.  They do not have online Pay Pal capabilities but will accept phoned in credit card donations.  I went thru the process - you get a recording, then choose their Administrative office.  Nice folks, sent me an immediate email donation receipt.  So, send FOB annotated donations to Richland County Dog Shelter at the above address or phone in donation at 419-774-5892.
Please let me know when you've seen and sent.  (NOTE: they're closed until Monday, 3 January so just make a reminder for yourself for then.  If you're like me, a little Post It note - and then a Post It note to remind you where you put the Post It note!!!! LOL)
Here's hoping for a happy, healthy year for everyone and for all the animals we donate to and hold close in our hearts each month - each day - of the year.  Because of Barbaro.  Always.  Forever.

-- 

hatchery1

Jan-3

Happy New Year!

I'm going to mail out my donation to Richland County Dog Shelter today.  It's great to help them out again!

Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year, especially since the las two years have been so difficult for so many people. We all deserve to have a great 2022! And thank you, Linda, for being so dedicated to this club!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

DJoAnn

Jan-3

I remember looking this up from before.....you are right, the name is somewhat misleading.   I remember I came away completely satisfied about their work and their animal care.   I am delighted to support them again.  Will send $10 tomorrow and have liked them on Facebook.   Thank you!!!! (as always)

jodie

NWFLAFOB

Jan-3

Thank you, Tricia.  Blessings to you and yours for this brand new year.

I'd just be a person with a folder full of rescue group information - it's you all that make this ongoing effort a success!!

In reply toRe: msg 3
NWFLAFOB

Jan-3

Thank you, Jodie.  It's been so long since last time I looked into Richland, I had to do my research again before I announced them!

amycapshaw

Jan-4

I am mailing my check today to Richland County Dog Shelter.

Linda, thank you, thank you for continuing this very important monthly rescue group and all of your hard work. These small rescues and shelters need the help so badly. 

Happy New Year and all the best!

Amy

NWFLAFOB

Jan-4

Thank you, Amy.

It's an honor to be able to keep Barbaro's monthly "club" going!  Joan Roya truly had a brilliant idea all those years ago when she suggested it.  I see more and more rescue groups conducting their own $5 Friday or once a month contribution drives.  An awesome way for folks to contribute knowing no matter how much they're able to donate, it's combined with many others to do some real good.

Here's response from Richland when I notified them: "Thank you so much, we truly appreciate every little bit! What a wonderful gesture!" Every penny adds up.

PattyTx1

Jan-5

Hay Linda, Happy New Year!

I will call Richland County Dog Warden's Office tomorrow to donate.

Thanks for continuing this each month.  Because of Barbaro.

NWFLAFOB

Jan-7

Thanks, Patty!   Looking forward to another year and helping 12 rescue groups in Barbaro's name.

In reply toRe: msg 9
NWFLAFOB

Jan-24

Bump for final January reminder!