MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

APRIL $5 WINNER IS.............   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Apr-1 by NWFLAFOB; 497 views.
NWFLAFOB

Apr-1

Good morning, Everybody!  Hope y'all are staying safe from the Spring storms.  We had a doozy of one here the other night with tornado watch.  The dogs got to sleep on or next to sofa with Mom while Mom got very little sleep herself!   Gracie has storm anxiety and Scooter gets upset in his kennel in the kitchen.  Both zonked out next to me, though.

Greyheart Greyhound Rescue has been chosen as our April rescue recipient.  If you prefer to donate via credit card/PayPal go to www.greyheart.org for that link.   For snail mail, P.O. Box 530185, Livonia, MI 48153

When I notified them of their selection, here is response I received: "That is very sweet and kind of you and your group !! Tell everyone we so appreciate it very much and every little thing helps. Thank You, Assi Zylka, GreyHeart Secretary"

Let them know it's a FOB donation and please let me know when you've seen and sent.

For those interested in administrative details, I'm still going thru rescues we haven't donated to in many years (last time for this month's group was in 2016) rather than drawing numbers blind from a proverbial hat.  I started at group with oldest last donation date and am working my way thru that year.   We have around 50 groups on our list so you can see how long one can languish waiting for a lucky draw.   Thanks to everyone for sticking with our monthly efforts in honor of Barbaro's Legacy.

?

hatchery1

Apr-4

Hello Linda,

Finally, I remembered to donate earlier than the last two months!  

Lots of bad weather in northern Florida, not too bad down here in South Florida. We have had a few tornado watches over the last couple of years, but we've been very lucky.  It's been mainly very nice.

I made a $25 donation to Greyheart Greyhound Rescue, but I didn't see anywhere to make a personal note to them. But thanks to them for saving the beautiful gentle greyhounds. I love greyhounds.

Great idea to donate to the oldest groups first, so everyone eventually gets a donation.

Thanks for the club!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

NWFLAFOB

Apr-5

Thanks, Tricia, and thanks for helping make our monthly efforts possible!

We have another bad weather front moving thru here today.  The adjoining Alabama county actually cancelled school for today!  I've taken down wind chimes and bird feeders and added some extra tie downs to the chicken coop.  So, we will just sit and see what happens.  Right now, it's windy but no boomers.

DJoAnn

Apr-7

sent $10, but it didn't let me leave a note.   Still, good was done....thanks to you and this thread.  jodie

In reply toRe: msg 4
NWFLAFOB

Apr-8

Thanks, Jodie!

amycapshaw

Apr-10

Hi Linda

Just sent my donation to Greyheart. What a worthy organization!

I think that is wonderful that you are going through the list of rescues. Thank you for all of your efforts. It is much appreciated!

Amy

cigarello

Apr-12

Hi Linda: i just donated thru paypal but there was nowhere to indicate I am FOB.

Take care and be well

Marilyn

NWFLAFOB

Apr-15

Thanks, Amy.  I just hated that some groups haven't had a chance in several years!

NWFLAFOB

Apr-15

Thank you, Marilyn!   Backatcha! relaxed

PattyTx1

Apr-21

Hi Linda,

A little slate, but I saw your message about April's rescue and just donated via PayPal.

Thanks.