MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SEPTEMBER $5 WINNER IS...........   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Sep-1 by NWFLAFOB; 888 views.
NWFLAFOB

Sep-1

Happy Fall, Y'all (to quote a pot holder I found at the Dollar General).  We managed to survive the monsoons for the last month or so and I'm soooo looking forward to cooler, drier weather.  No hurricanes, please!!  Hope everyone is doing well.
Our September group is the McMinn Regional Humane Society.  Don't let the name fool you - they are a 501c3 full of volunteers helping their local animal shelter.  For PayPal go here  www.mrhumane.org for that link.  For snail mail:  
MCMINN REGIONAL HUMANE SOCIETY  3 Davidson Road, Athens, Tennessee 37303
Please let me know when you've seen and sent, annotating FOB DONATION.
I just did the PayPal and it's an easy process giving you place to make that FOB designator.
Here is response when I contacted the group to let them know of their selection "Thank you Linda! We truly appreciate you all and everything you do!"
They also asked if we had a website or page they could visit. Explained we are a very informal group of animal lovers who are together because of our desire to help further Barbaro's Legacy by helping out animals in need.
As always, thanks to you all for still being here!!

--

hatchery1

Sep-12

Hello, very sorry I'm late again, but I just made a $25 donation to McMinn Regional Humane Society.  I see that I'm the first? 

We need some of the rain in South Florida that you've been having. Please send some down our way!

Thanks for helping these rescues that need so much help!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

amycapshaw

Sep-12

Hi Linda

I'm a little bit late, but just sent in my donation through PayPal. Great organization!

Like the rest of the world, I am so saddened by the loss of Queen Elizabeth. My husband and I were just there for her Platinum Jubilee and what a privilege and blessing it was to witness and take part in the celebrations. I have never seen a more magnificent display of horses in all of my life. Every regiment on parade or during the trooping had the most stunningly beautiful horses I've ever seen. The loss of Her Majesty is going to be keenly felt for a very long time. I never tire of looking at the photos of the Queen with her corgis, labs, and her horses. 

Amy

• Edited September 12, 2022 1:11 pm  by  amycapshaw
hatchery1

Sep-12

Our hearts are broken over the loss of Queen Elizabeth.  I thought she would live forever.  I'm 68 and can't imagine the world without her.  So proud to be part British. Even though my grandfather left Nottingham for America as a teenager, he never stopped loving Britain and the Queen.

Wonderful that you took part in the Platinum Jubilee. I think the Queen hung on to make sure she was part of her 70 year celebration.  Brings tears to my eyes.

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

amycapshaw

Sep-12

I so agree! I think she was determined to celebrate her Jubilee and then welcome a new prime minister. I saw a headline that read, "For Britain, Queen Elizabeth left nothing undone." I couldn't agree more. She saw these two events come to pass and then knew she could pass on peacefully.

We met so many incredibly wonderful Brits when we were there. They welcomed us with open arms and their spirits and patriotism were awe inspiring. I think I had a lump in my throat  almost 24/7 during the events and I will never forget what a honor it was to be there. I'm sure my tears will flow during her memorial service. 

I, too, thought she would live forever. God bless her.

Amy

NWFLAFOB

Sep-12

Thank you, Tricia.  No worries about the timing but I admit I was starting to wonder if my post wasn't visible!  This is the first time when no one was commenting - it's usually ME who is late in posting!!  

We are still having passing bits of rain - in advance an actual cold front due this week.  Lows at night expected to be upper 60s but still low 80s during the day.  I'm just ready to be done with the humidity - it's been awful.  I wish we could share our rain with parts of the country who need it so badly.   Needless to say, I'm tickled that we haven't had any hurricane scares so far this year.  This month and next are the two prime times for our area of Florida and I'll be happy if we make it thru with no incidents.  I've kind of created a plan in my mind about how to accommodate the chickens in our garage if a hurricane heads this way.   Plus, getting Sweetie the barn cat into a kennel in the house, too.  Fingers crossed we won't need to do any of that!!

NWFLAFOB

Sep-12

Thank you, Amy.

How awesome to have been there for her Jubilee!  I have always admired Her Majesty and share your sadness over her passing.  Her love for her animals was always so touching and from all I've read, she was at her happiest when in the countryside with them nearby.  It's a great loss for Great Britain and the entire world.

PattyTx1

Sep-12

Hi Linda,

Just donated to this month's rescue via PayPal.

Yes, no hurricanes.  the tropics have been very quiet this season.  Hope it stays that way!

PattyTx1

Sep-12

Amy,

How much fun it must have been to be in England during the Queen's 75th Jubilee celebration!  Sounds like you really enjoyed it.  Glad you could go and participate. She was an exceptional monarch, and she loved horses and dogs!  I have read so many little snippet stories of how she treated humans and animals during her life making me respect her even more.  She had quite the sense of humor.  Rest in peace dear Lady.  Job well done.

NWFLAFOB

Sep-13

Thanks, Patty.

As annoying as the never ending rain was during the summer, I think it helped keep the Gulf waters on the cooler side which would help deflect hurricanes.  And, that dust cloud out of Africa kept the upper levels too dry to be conducive to formation of tropical fronts.  Whatever the reason, I won't complain!!